You only require the ActiveEfficiency Scout if you are using Shopping or AppClarity 5.2.
To install the Scout:
- Run the
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
On the License Agreement screen, accept the license agreement and click Next.
On the Component Selection screen, choose the Scout mode to install. By default, ConfigMgr is selected.
- ConfigMgr (for AppClarity and Shopping) – communicates with Configuration Manager to provide inventory information, AppV and SQL Server features for AppClarity and devices and user information for Shopping
- Configuration Manager Migration – if you are migrating Configuration Manager environments, see Configuring Migration mode for more details
- Server (for AppClarity) – scans a list of servers for software and hardware inventory information to support server software licensing for AppClarity
- iQSonar – retrieves network computer and software installation information
- On the Destination Folder screen, choose where you want Scout to be installed.
- By default, it installs to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\1E\ActiveEfficiency\. You can choose a different location by clicking Change...
- Click Next to continue
- By default, it installs to:
- On the1E ActiveEfficiency Server screen:
- In ActiveEfficiency Server:, enter the name of the server where the ActiveEfficiency server is hosted
- It's location is validated when you click Next
- Configuration Manager Database screen – only displayed if you chose the ConfigMgr option (the information is used when you run the Scout using the daily schedule in the ActiveEfficiency synchronization manager):
- In ConfigMgr Database Server:, enter the name of the server hosting the Configuration Manager database server
- In ConfigMgr Database Name:, enter the name of the database you want to connect to.
- Values are validated when you click Next.
Check the TLS 1.0 disabled - install using TLS 1.1/1.2 checkbox. Further information can be found in the prerequisites for Web servers.
- Shopping screen – only displayed if you chose the ConfigMgr option (the information is used when you run the Scout using the alternate schedule in the ActiveEfficiency synchronization manager):
- You can use a different Configuration Manager database server and database for the Scout to use to retrieving information for Shopping. For example, you may want to configure the Scout to retrieve information for AppClarity once a night from an offline Configuration Manager reporting server that itself is updated once a day, but configure the Scout for Shopping to retrieve information every 30 minutes from a live Configuration Manager database server.
iQDataHub screen – only displayed if you chose the iQSonar option.
- In iQDataHub Database Server:, enter the name of the iQDataHub server
- In iQDataHub Database Name:, enter the name of its database
- Click Next
- On the Ready to Install the Application screen, review the settings and click Next – a status screen is displayed to show the progress of the installation.
- On the Completion screen, click OK.
Which Scout mode should I use?
You can run the Scout in different modes to capture data from different sources for use with other companion 1E products.
If your AppClarity system is licensed to monitor both desktops and server software, the Scout mode to enable during installation depends on how the Configuration Manager agents have been installed.
|Agent installation||Scout installation options|
|Configuration Manager Agent on desktops and servers|
|Configuration Manager Agent on desktops only|
|No Configuration Manager Agents|
If you are integrating with Shopping, tick the Configuration Manager checkbox on the Component Selection screen. This will enable you to schedule an alternate Scout run, using the ActiveEfficiency synchronization manager, which will run the Scout in Configuration Manager mode but filter the information retrieved to just the user and machine information required for Shopping.
If you integrate with AppClarity as well, you can also define a different Configuration Manager database server to use as the source of information for Shopping from the one used for AppClarity.