ActiveEfficiency Server 1.10 has a database and API which is used to:
- act as a data repository for Shopping and AppClarity 5.2 by retrieving and processing information from various data sources
- store location and other information for Nomad
- provide a dashboard for Nomad
- coordinate wakeups for Nomad.
The table below details the versions of ActiveEfficiency support for its companion products:
The Scout retrieves information from various data sources and store it in the ActiveEfficiency database, either directly or via the API. For more detail please refer to ActiveEfficiency Scout.
The following topics describe how to configure ActiveEfficiency to retrieve data from specific sources:
- Configuring Configuration Manager mode – this scout mode is used to retrieve AppV, SQL Server and device tagging information for use in AppClarity and machine and user information for use in Shopping. The ActiveEfficiency synchronization manager enables the configuration of two schedules: a daily schedule that runs the scout in full Configuration Manager mode and a faster alternate schedule that runs the scout in Configuration Manager mode but filters out the retrieval of information not relevant to Shopping.
- Configuring Server mode – this scout mode is used to retrieve server software installation details from Windows and UNIX/LINUX servers
- Configuring SQL Server mode – this scout mode is used to retrieve information on SQL Server from machines where the Configuration Manager client is not installed
- Configuring iQSonar mode – this scout mode retrieves information from iQSonar
Use the synchronization manager to configure when the Scout should retrieve information for respective companion products:
- For AppClarity, configure the daily schedule which runs the scout in Configuration Manager mode to retrieve the information
- For Shopping, configure the alternate schedule which runs the scout in Configuration Manager mode which filters out information not relevant to Shopping
Nomad Single-Site Download script
Nomad SSD and SSPBA features use a script to import location data into ActiveEfficiency which is then used by Nomad clients to locate peer clients on subnets within their local site.
- Configuring the single-site download – how to configure ActiveEfficiency to use in the single-site download feature
For customers of AppClarity 5.2 the ActiveEfficiency Agent provides a distributed method of collecting data from clients instead of or as a supplement to Configuration Manager.
- Configuring the ActiveEfficiency Agent – how to configure the ActiveEfficiency Agent for use with AppClarity