AppClarity v5.2 connector configuration
In Name, enter a logical name for this connector.
You should use a naming convention for connector names:
- In SQL Server, enter the name of the SQL Server instance where the AppClarity 5.2 database is hosted. If it is a named instance, append it to the server name, for example
- In Database, enter the name of the AppClarity 5.2 database, this is usually AppClarity.
- If you are authenticating with Windows Authentication:
- Ensure Trusted Connection is checked.
- You do not need to populate the User Id and Password fields.
- If you are authenticating with a SQL login:
- Ensure Trusted Connection is unchecked.
- In User Id, enter the name for the SQL login you want to use to connect to the database.
- In Password, enter the password for this login.
In Folder Location, enter the location for where your exported TSV file will be written
The folder location can be a folder on the SLA Platform server, or a remote share, which the SLA Platform service account has write access to.
- Click Save.
Test will confirm whether the SLA Platform service account, or specified SQL Login, can connect to the specified database instance.
It does not test the following.
- If AppClarity 5.2 database access (including stored procedure) has been configured correctly
- If the service account has write access to the specified folder location
It is only when you attempt to use the connector (create new action Sync Data) that you will experience an issue if these points are not addressed. Then you will find the export TSV file is not created, and not see any error or warning.
Additionally Test does not test if the stored procedure has been hotfixed.
AppClarity 5.2 database access
The connector requires a SQL login to exist in the AppClarity 5.2 database, with the following rights:
- Explicit Execute permissions to the stored procedure dbo.APSP_ExportEntitlement
The above rights can be granted in any of the following ways:
- If the connector is using Trusted Connection, then create a SQL login for the SLA Platform service account, and grant it the rights
- If the connector is not using Trusted Connection, then create a login on the AppClarity database and grant it the above rights, and use this login as User Id and password