To help you get up and running quickly, we've organized the documentation into the following sections:
- Introducing the Catalog – if you're new to 1E Catalog 2.0 or just want a quick refresh, we recommend you read this section.
- Implementation – everything you need to know to get the Catalog running in your environment. We talk about:
- Working with the Catalog.
- Reference – a list of installer properties, command line switches, registry values, status messages.
- Release notes – late breaking news for the 1E Catalog 2.0 release.
What's new in this release?
This release introduces the following 1E Catalog features for customers using Tachyon 4.2 or later:
- Support for EXE file mapping to multiple products - In real environments, different products may have executables with the same name. For example two products from the same company that work with both SQL Server and Oracle may use the same executable name. Previously 1E Catalog had a restriction that executables could only map to a single product, this restriction is now lifted.
- Changes to 1E Catalog definitions are now tracked - when a change to a product occurs that requires a change to the 1E Catalog, the earlier entry is stored together with the change. This means that previous entries can now be easily updated to the new one. For example let's say there was a product where the vendor ACME Corporation had a title called E-Business Suite, 1.0.0, Professional edition. If ACME Corporation was acquired by Coyote Inc, this would require a change to the 1E Catalog showing the new vendor. In this case the previous ACME Corporation entry would be kept and associated with the new Coyote Inc. entry. The result is that any customers with software that matched the ACME Corporation product could then be automatically updated to the new Coyote Inc. product.
- Installer enhancements:
- AI model file download option is configurable during installation
- Support for Network Service account. Please refer to Installation and upgrades: Service account for more details
- 1E Catalog installer now supports TLS 1.2 using ADO.NET SQLClient. The previously used installer setting to enable TLS 1.2 support is no longer needed
- Sysadmin is no longer a requirement for installation. Instead, the more specific roles of dbcreator and securityadmin are required by the installation account on the SQL instance where the 1E Catalog resides. Please refer to Installation and upgrades: Prerequisite Checks for more details.
- Custom configuration changes are kept as part of the upgrade process - Any custom user entries in the Web.config and CatalogUpdateService.exe.config files are added back to the upgraded files during 1E Catalog upgrade. Though, it is still recommended that you make a backup of the config files before proceeding with the upgrade. Please refer to Installation and upgrades: Upgrade the 1E Catalog for more details.
- Additional enhancements:
- Hotfixes for 1E Catalog are now supported
- 1E Catalog UI now sets Customer as the submission source instead of 1E for customer-curated data
- UNSPSC Software Category is now passed from 1E Catalog to the SLA component in Tachyon 5.0 in a readable format
- 1E Catalog now provides Latest Version information to SLA component in Tachyon 5.0 - this extra column is fetched from 1E Catalog during SLA normalization.
For customers who are using the early adopter AI features in SLA 3.3:
- AI-Autocurated entries are no longer deleted following a 1E Catalog sync, resync or upgrade.