1E Catalog is a prerequisite for installing the SLA components of Tachyon. SLA uses 1E Catalog to normalize or match source inventory information, for example software devices and processors.
1E Catalog allows you to:
- Have a consistent view of your estate
- Uniquely identify software products deployed in your estate
- Identify device types (laptop, desktop, virtual machine), operating system, device family, device manufacturer and maximum number of processors
- Normalize processor information like processor model, processor family, vendor name, and number of cores of processors running on your devices
- Define and apply bundling rules to identify suites and their components
- Define and apply entitlement rights, such as version upgrade/downgrade, edition downgrade, and software assurance rights which are used during license demand and compliance calculations
- Apply autofill entitlement information using software SKU.