To run these tests you need:
- Tachyon Server installed and verified.
- A working ServiceNow instance with the 1E Core ServiceNow app installed and verified. Please refer the 1E Core 2.0 - Preparation and 1E Core 2.0 - Installing for more details.
- A working ServiceNow instance with the 1E ITSM Connect app installed. Please refer to Preparation and Installing for more details, including post-installation tasks.
- Two ServiceNow User accounts, Test User 1 and 2
- must not be existing 1E ITSM Connect app users because they will be assigned specific roles for the purpose of these tests.
- must have email addresses and be able to read emails.
- The 1E-TachyonPlatform.zip product pack file containing the Tachyon Verification instructions, if not already installed. In these tests this file is referred to as the Tachyon Verification product pack.
- At least one test device on which the Tachyon Agent has been installed.
The following 1E ITSM Connect app verification steps also assume you have already performed the Tachyon verifying steps and fixed any issues found, for more details please refer to Tachyon 5.0 - Verifying.
Verify Tachyon Instruction Synchronization with 1E ITSM Connect
To run the following tests you need:
- A 1E ITSM Connect app ServiceNow user assigned to the x_1e_connect.Tachyon_Admin role. This user is referred to as the ITSM Connect admin user
- The 1E ITSM Connect app proxy account has been created as a Tachyon user account, in our tests this is called ITSMConnectUser
- The 1E ITSM Connect app App Configuration page has the following properties:
- Tachyon User Name: set to the name of the 1E ITSM Connect proxy user account, in our example this is set to acme\ITSMConnectUser
- Tachyon User Password: set to the password of the 1E ITSM Connect proxy user account
- Other properties, for example Enable Approval, are explained in 1E ITSM Connect post-installation tasks
The Tachyon Verification product pack should be installed in Tachyon
- A Tachyon Verification instruction set should be created containing the two instructions from the Tachyon Verification product pack
- A Tachyon Verification role should be created with the following properties
- Role name: Tachyon Verification
- Assign Instruction Sets: Tachyon Verification
- Permissions: Actioner
- Assign Management Group: All Devices
- The Tachyon Verification role should be assigned to the proxy user ITSMConnectUser
After clicking Retrieve Instructions a success message is displayed on the App Configuration page and the two Tachyon Verification instructions are displayed on the 1E ITSM Connect app Instruction Definitions page.
The purpose of this step is to confirm the basic communications between Tachyon and the 1E ITSM Connect app.
Verify ServiceNow users can run instructions on Tachyon clients
This is an end-to-end test to verify that a ServiceNow user is able to run a simple instruction on a specific device.
To run the following tests you need:
- Tachyon Server installed and above CNCT01 verification test has passed - depending on whether your Tachyon system is available to ServiceNow on a local network or over the Internet.
- A target incident has been created in ServiceNow for one of the test devices, that has 1E Client installed with Tachyon client enabled.
- Logon to ServiceNow as a 1E ITSM Connect app user account that is assigned to the x_1e_connect.Tachyon_User and the ServiceNow ITIL roles.
When the Tachyon Platform verification stage 1 instruction is run an Instruction History link appears under Related Links on the Incident page.
You may need to refresh the Instruction History Responses page.
Verification stage 1 tests communication between the Agent and Switch. Any issues will appear in the Agent log.
Check the status of each test device is online.