As a general rule, we recommend you upgrade Shopping to the latest version before it goes out of support. The Shopping 5.5 installer will handle upgrades from Shopping 5.3 or later. If you are attempting to upgrade from earlier versions, contact 1E support for the best approach. The Shopping Central component now requires ActiveEfficiency Server 1.9.910 or later.
When upgrading a production system, we recommend the following to avoid any potential loss of data or service to users:
- Always make an SQL backup of the Shopping2 database.
- Always make a backup of the contents of the
- Always make a copy of the following registry key and its subkeys
If you have modified the GlobalResources folder, either for the purposes of re-branding the Shopping Website or for localzation, make a backup of it:
This is necessary as the upgrade process will overwrite any existing files with the same name. You will need to merge your existing copy of the GlobalResources folder with the newly installed files. For details on how to do this contact 1E support.
Website customization modifications
Take a backup of any Shopping Website files that have been customized. However, you should note the following when upgrading:
Steps to upgrade Shopping
- Perform any necessary pre-upgrade steps.
- Run the Shopping Central installer to upgrade Shopping Central components. Refer to Upgrade Shopping Central for detailed instructions on upgrading Shopping Central
Run the Shopping Receiver installer on each Configuration Manager Primary Site to upgrade all Shopping Receivers. Refer to Upgrade the Shopping Receivers for detailed instructions on upgrading Shopping Receivers.
- Verify Shopping functionality.
- Plan and deploy the Tachyon Agent. Refer to Replace the Shopping Agent with the Tachyon Agent for detailed instructions on how to deploy the Tachyon Agent to replace the existing Shopping Agent.
- Perform any necessary post-upgrade steps.
- Before replacing any of the customized configuration or email template files that were backed up prior to the upgrade, backup the new default configuration and email template files
- Replace any configuration or email templates that were backed up prior to the upgrade
- Customized Shopping Web pages need to be re-written as they have been completely re-designed
- Re-visit Shopping Admin console settings and configure them as necessary.
- If you changed the installation folder during an upgrade or re-installation, the location of the 6 workflow integration scripts are not changed. If you previously used defaults, then you should manually change them to the new location.
- Some preference changes in the Shopping admin console require an IIS reset or Shopping Central service restart.