Fundamentally, you configure Shopping to provide applications that can be requested from the Shopping Web portal. When you have installed Shopping, you need to:
- Set up Configuration Manager sites
- Nominate approvers and deputy approvers
- Define User and Computer categories to determine who gets to see what applications, and how approvals will work
- Create and manage applications (general applications, mobile specific applications, Configuration Manager applications and OS deployments)
- Configure access privileges for additional Shopping administrators.
In addition, using the Shopping Admin Console you might:
- Adjust Shopping Admin Console settings
- Review the Event Log node to audit Shopping administration activities
- Use the Check for Program-Package applications that can be converted to Machine Centric AppModel applications button
- Use the Trigger OS Filtering Sync button at the top of the console to retrieve operating system compatibility information from Configuration Manager. See the OS Filtering page for more details
- Use the Trigger Users and Machines AD Sync button to discover users or devices recent added to Active Directory. An automatic synchronization does this every 24 hours by default
- Use the Trigger User and Device Intune Sync button to discover users or devices recently added to Intune. An automatic synchronization does this every 24 hours
- Use the Application Mapping Migration Wizard button to manage details related to application migration. See the Application Migration product documentation for more details
These buttons are enabled for the user or group that is specified as the Admin Account in the System group of the Settings node in the Shopping console.
For a full list of all Shopping Admin Console settings and their descriptions, please refer to Shopping Admin Console settings.