Welcome screens are ideal for capturing the user's attention for promotions or lead-in to the Shopping web. We've enabled a customizable Welcome screen for the Shopping web with the following behaviors:
- Show the Welcome screen every time a user logs in
- Show the Welcome screen for the first time only when a user logs in
- Never show the Welcome screen
Users have to acknowledge the Welcome screen (click OK) before they can begin to shop.
Splash screen configuration
To configure the behavior of the Welcome screen:
- Start the Shopping Admin Console.
- In the Database Explorer panel on the left, choose Settings.
- In the left panel, expand Web Application.
- Set Use SplashMessage to one of:
Setting the Welcome message
The content of the Welcome message is stored in a file that uses simple HTML. The following values can be modified in locale-specific
ShoppingWebStrings.resx files. You must restart the Shopping website for any
RESX changes to take effect.
|Name of text string||Default value||Notes|
|SplashMessageTitle||Welcome to 1E Shopping||The default title is different for each language.|
|OK||OK||The default button text is different for each language.|
|SplashMessagePath||../SplashMessage.html||Path and filename of the HTML content for the Welcome message. The default location |
There's now a new table in the Shopping database for the Welcome screen:
|Foreign key from |
|Welcome screen is displayed if User SplashMessage = |
This table updates as follows: