To help you get up and running quickly, we've organized the documentation into the following sections:
- Introducing Shopping – if you're new to Shopping 6.0 or just want a quick refresh, we recommend you read this section
- Implementation – everything you need to know to get Shopping running in your environment. We talk about:
- Working with Shopping:
- End-user experience – using the Shopping Web, searching for applications, approving pending orders
- The Shopping Admin console – how to manage your applications including creating OS deployment applications
- Shopping Web administration – Installation tools, OS Migration, Branch management, Managing banners and featured items, Reports
- Advanced features – Web Welcome screen, Savings so far feature, Internet facing Shopping Web, role-based access control, configuring the Shopping central service
- Reference – a list of registry values, installer properties, application properties
- Release notes – late breaking news for the Shopping 6.0 release.
What's new in this release?
This release introduces the following improvements:
- Microsoft Intune integration
- User and device synchronization, between Shopping and Intune and from Azure Active Directory
- Application Wizard options, including application that can be delivered via both ConfigMgr and Intune
- Intune application installation and uninstallation, including Intune object management
- Approvals, Rentals, Shop-on-Behalf-Of support
- Device-specific status updates
- User and Computer Categories support
- Device and user details for Intune from the Shopping client module
- Relevant documentation changes:
- User Interface improvements
- Main page
The main Shopping web page used by your users is now much more like consumer app stores. The background is off-white, the tiles are larger and simplified, and the icons are much more prominent.
- Details page
The details page for each application shares the main page's changes and includes prominent screenshots while listing review feedback at the bottom as the user scrolls down the page.
- Main page
- Windows Servicing Assistant improvements
- Support for nested Task Sequences
- Autofill WiFi passcode on Connection page if available
- Option to disable the Location page
- The above require 1E Client 5.0 with latest Accumulated Hotfix (Patch) or later
- Microsoft Store for Business integration