How to administer and maintain the Tachyon system. The main purpose of Tachyon is to enable super-fast investigation of your network environment to retrieve sets of devices that you can then run immediate actions on.
In this section...
How to configure Tachyon using the Administration Console.
- The Admin Log page — The Admin log page lets security administrators view the audit information contained in the Tachyon logs. It shows any notifications that have been generated by the Switch, Core and Workflow components. It also displays audit information related to installation, permissions, product pack and consumer related operations carried out using Tachyon Explorer.
- The Agent installer page — The Agent installer page is part of a feature that is currently under development and for use with the new Tachyon Discovery product, which is due for release in the coming months. To enable Tachyon Agents to be rolled out across a network in conjunction with the network discovery piece, this page lets you select the Tachyon Agent installer you want to use for the installation.
- The Consumers page — The Consumers page lets you register the consumers that can access Tachyon. To enhance the security of the Tachyon system, only consumers that have been registered on this page will be allowed to access Tachyon.
- The Custom Properties page — The Custom properties page is used to define properties that can be used when setting coverage tags on devices. Before devices can be tagged and questioners can use Tachyon Agent device tags to set the coverage of questions, Tachyon custom properties administrators first need to create some properties.
- The Dashboard page — The Dashboard page enables infrastructure administrators to view information about the current status of Tachyon. It provides a summary of the current questions and actions. It also provides real-time troubleshooting information on the CoreApi, Switch and Workflow components.
- The Instruction Sets page — How to load Instruction Definitions into Tachyon and then create, populate and delete Instruction Sets.
- The License info page — The License info page shows details of the current license status.
- The Management groups page — The Management groups page lets you view the currently defined management groups.
- The Permissions page — The Permissions page lets Permissions Administrators configure Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) for the Tachyon system. Here you can find the built-in system roles used to administer Tachyon features, and how to configure custom roles for Instruction Sets and Management Groups.
- The Registered mobile phones page — Tachyon features by release
- The System information page — The system information page lets you review the current Tachyon system configuration.
A general methodology for investigating issues with Tachyon, as well as identifying key issues and their resolutions.
- Known issues — Lists of the current known issues with implementing, configuring, using and extending Tachyon.
- Implementation issues — Troubleshooting common issues that you may be having with implementation.
- Configuration issues — Troubleshooting common issues that you may be having with configuration.
- Creating Switch Certificate Files using openSSL — A scripted method of creating the Switch certificate files instead of using Tachyon Setup or the Certificate Manager tool.