How to use the Tachyon Explorer. The main purpose of Tachyon is to enable super-fast investigation of your network environment to retrieve sets of devices that you can then run immediate actions on.
In this section...
How to use Tachyon Explorer to ask questions, run actions, set coverage and filters.
- Home page questions and responses — How to frame questions in Tachyon and view the responses.
- Instructions — Viewing the instruction history, navigating instructions using the tasks page and scheduling instructions.
- The action approval workflow — How to run actions with approval.
- Tagging Tachyon Agent devices — Tachyon Agent devices can have a number of custom tags assigned using Tachyon and the Tachyon agents. There are two types of tag: coverage tags, which can be used in the scopes for questions and actions to help target specific collections of devices; and freeform tags that can be queried and set using specific questions and actions.
- Exporting data from Tachyon Explorer — Results visible in Tachyon Explorer can be exported to files containing comma-separated values (CSV) or, in the case of the Export all option on the instruction response page, tab-separated values (TSV), and results can be marked for export at the point of asking a question to automate the process.
- Checking inventory and connectivity — The Tachyon Explorer lets you view the device inventory for your network including visibility of which devices are currently connected and can therefore be interacted with directly.
- Tachyon Agent Historic Data Capture — A description of the benefits of Tachyon Agent Historic Data Capture and how the data can be retrieved.
- Tachyon Quarantine — A description of the quarantine feature provided in the Tachyon Agent and implemented in the quarantine instructions present in the 1E-Explorer-TachyonCore.zip file.