Welcome to the Tachyon 3.3 documentation space. Here we describe all aspects of configuring and using Tachyon. Here's a quick overview of what the Tachyon documentation pages will tell you.
An overview of Tachyon is presented; what it does and how it can benefit your organization. An introduction to the features of Tachyon is provided, alongside a high-level explanation of the Tachyon architecture.
- Tachyon Features — An overview of Tachyon features and enhancements.
- Tachyon Architecture — A description of Tachyon Stacks and their Tachyon components, the Tachyon Agents and how they connect to provide the Tachyon features.
How to quickly install, configure and run Tachyon for first use in a small scale lab, evaluation or pilot environment.
Everything you need to know about getting Tachyon installed and running in your network. This section is structured in a way that leads you through the three phases of a typical implementation project.
- Design Considerations — Information that will help you design and plan the implementation of Tachyon in your organization.
- Requirements — Information that will help you design and plan the implementation of Tachyon in your organization. This includes all the prerequisites and dependencies, which are necessary to install Tachyon.
- Preparation — What you will need to prepare in advance of implementing a Tachyon Server in your network. Typically these are tasks that may take some time to organize, depending on how your organization works. A more complete checklist of tasks is provided in Requirements.
- Installing and upgrading — How to set up Tachyon Server and deploy Tachyon Agents, including a guide to upgrading.
- Verifying — Basic verification tests that cover a single-switch installation of Tachyon Server.
How to use the Tachyon Explorer.
- Using Tachyon Explorer — How to use Tachyon Explorer to ask questions, run actions, set coverage and filters.
How to administer and maintain the Tachyon system.
- Using the Administration Console — How to configure Tachyon using the Administration Console.
- Troubleshooting — A general methodology for investigating issues with Tachyon, as well as identifying key issues and their resolutions.
Information about tools used to extend Tachyon beyond the Tachyon Explorer.
- The Tachyon Toolkit — How to install the Tachyon Toolkit.
- Using Tachyon in Configuration Manager — How to use the Tachyon Configuration Manager extensions.
- ServiceNow aprovals for Tachyon — How to configure and use ServiceNow and Tachyon so that actions and scheduled instructions can be approved in ServiceNow.
- Setting up custom Tachyon Instructions for the first time
An introduction to Tachyon training resources, including lab guides.
All the list type information, such as installer properties, in alphabetical lists etc.
- Supported Platforms — A list of all the platforms supported by Tachyon, and the software required to allow Tachyon to be installed or to work.
- 1E Companion Products — A list of the feature dependencies between Tachyon and other 1E companion products.
- Server Sizing — Server sizing guidelines and recommended configurations for on-premises installation in customer environments.
- Communication Ports — A diagram and a table with a list of all the external Tachyon communication ports. Useful, if needed, for network and device firewalls.
- Tachyon Server installer properties — A table of the Windows Installer properties for the Tachyon Server.
- Tachyon Agent installer and configuration properties — Properties available in the Tachyon Agent configuration file, with details of which properties are mandatory or optional during installation, and which properties can be re-configured post-installation.
- Tachyon Agent command-line parameters — Command-line parameters available to the Tachyon Agent executable.
- Devices dashboard filters and charts — Details of the filters and charts available on the Devices dashboard.
- Responses Summary tab information — Details of the information displayed on the Responses page Summary tab.
- Coverage parameters — Details of the parameters available when setting the coverage for a question or action.
- Tachyon Explorer comparison operators — Details of the operators available when configuring comparisons for different data types, for example question coverage parameters.
- Switch Command Lines — Details of command line parameters used by the SwitchCommandLine entry in the Tachyon Switch Host 's Tachyon.Switch.Host.exe.config file.
- Tachyon Log Files — Details of Tachyon Server and Agent log files.
- Glossary — A glossary of Tachyon terminology.
- Tachyon release information — Details of the Tachyon release history, current release notes and details of third-party licenses.
- Index — This is an alphabetically sorted list of all the pages in the Tachyon documentation, which you can use if you want to find a particular named page and you don't remember where exactly it lives in the documentation structure.