Using Guaranteed State
Using Patch Success
BigFixInv connector configuration
In Name, enter a logical name for this connector.
You should use a naming convention for connector names:
<connector type> <scope>
Scope describes where data is coming from or what it's being used for. For example Demo, Test, Lab, Q2 Audit.
- In BigFix Inventory Database Server, enter the name of the server where the inventory database is hosted. If there is a database instance, then append it to the server name, for example
Server_Name\Instance.Use the location of the inventory database server rather than the server itself. For example, if your application server is located on device A and its database is located on device B, use the location (hostname or IP address) for device B.
- In BigFix Inventory Database, enter the name of the database you want to connect to.
- If you are authenticating with Windows:
- Ensure Use Windows Authentication is checked.
- You do not need to populate the BigFix Inventory SQL Server User or BigFix Inventory SQL Server Password fields.
- If you are using an SQL account:
- Ensure Use Windows Authentication is unchecked.
- In BigFix Inventory SQL Server User, enter the name for the account you want to use to connect to the database.
- In BigFix Inventory SQL Server Password, enter the password for this account.
- Click Save.