Custom properties are mainly used as part of the tagging workflow in Explorer, where they can be applied to devices and subsequently used to set the coverage for questions.
The following table shows the constraints of the text that can be used for property names and values.
|Name||Consists of a combination of alphanumeric characters, underscores and dots - spaces are not allowed. Case is not significant, so names "|
|Value||Consists of a combination of alphanumeric characters, underscores, dots and spaces. Case is preserved. The maximum length of a property value entered via the Administration console is 32 characters.|
Adding a property and values
The following steps can be used to create a property name:
- Navigate to Settings→Configuration→Custom properties.
- Click the Add button.
- Type in a name for the property (the field warns you if you exceed a maximum of 16 characters).
- Select the Property type, at present only the CoverageTag property type is available.
- You now need to add values to the property:
- In the edit field below the Values heading type in a value for the property.
- If you want to add more values click the + button beneath the Values heading.
- Repeat step 5 to add as many values as you require for the selected property name.
- When all the values have been added click Save.
Editing a property
The following steps show how to edit the settings for an existing property:
- Check the checkbox at the start of the row for the property you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button.
- You can change the Name or Property type and add and remove Values.
- To add a value click on the + icon and fill out the edit field.
- To remove a value click on the trash can icon that appears when you hover the mouse to the right next to the value field you want to remove.
- Clicking on the trash can removes the item immediately.
- When all the required changes have been made click Save.
Deleting an entire property
The following steps show how to delete an existing property and all its values:
- Check the checkbox at the start of the row for the property you want to delete
- A notification will be displayed asking if you want to remove the property and reminding you that the property and all of its values will be deleted
- Click the Yes button to delete the property and all its values, or click the No button to abandon the deletion.