SummaryHow to set up Tachyon Server and deploy Tachyon clients, including a guide to upgrading.
At its minimum, Tachyon consists of two components: Tachyon Server and 1E Client (with Tachyon features enabled). Additionally, you may install Tachyon applications on the server.
You install Tachyon Server and its applications using Tachyon Setup.
You deploy 1E Client on Windows PCs using the MSI installer, or if you have Configuration Manager you can use 1E Client Deployment Assistant (CDA).
In this section...
- Tachyon Setup — Using the Tachyon Setup wizard to check prerequisites, configure, install and verify Tachyon Server.
- Tachyon Server post-installation tasks — Post-installation tasks, which include verification checks and mandatory and optional configuration tasks.
- Implementing a Tachyon DMZ Server — The process for installing a Tachyon DMZ Server to support Internet-facing Tachyon clients.
- Deploying Tachyon clients — Tachyon client features are provided by the 1E Client, which also provide client modules for Shopping/WSA, WakeUp and Nomad.
- Uninstalling Tachyon — How to tidy up after uninstalling Tachyon. Follow these recommendations if you want to reinstall Tachyon instead of upgrading.
- Upgrading Tachyon — Guidance for upgrading Tachyon.
- Tachyon Product Pack deployment tool — A description of the Tachyon Product Pack deployment tool.