SummaryGeneral configuration options for Tachyon.
Settings can be reached directly using the following URL:
where <tachyon DNS Name FQDN> is the one set up during the preparation phase, as described under the heading Preparation: DNS Names.
In this section...
Connectors are used to connect to other 1E and third party systems, retrieve their data and populate repositories. Tachyon provides the following inventory connectors to populate the Tachyon inventory repository:
- BigFix connector — Connects to a BigFix Inventory database server.
- BigFixInv connector — Connects to a BigFix Inventory database.
- File Upload connector — Uploads inventory data from a folder containing tab (TSV) and comma (CSV) separated value file(s).
- InTune connector — Connects to an InTune application and pulls in inventory and usage data.
- Oracle LMS connector — Connects to Oracle LMS and queries it for inventory information.
- ServiceNow connector — Connects to a ServiceNow instance to import basic inventory data into SLA Platform.
- System Center Configuration Manager connector — Connects to a Configuration Manager database and pulls in inventory and usage data.
- Tachyon connector — Connects the Tachyon and SLA components to support Management group and Tachyon Powered Inventory features. The Tachyon Powered Inventory feature uses instructions to fetch inventory data from Tachyon clients, and is a prerequisite for Patch Success.
- vCenter connector — Connects to a vCenter server and pulls in inventory data.
- Windows Server Update Services connector — Connects to a WSUS database and pulls in patch data.
Use the links above to find more information about each type of connector. Please refer to Using Inventory for more information about viewing and exporting inventory repositories.
Repositories are used by applications to process and store information. Tachyon provides an Inventory repository out-of-the-box. Some consumer applications provide their own types of repositories.
|Repository types||Used by||Used for|
|Application Migration||Migration rules.|
|Business Intelligence||Patch data for Patch Success.|
Compliance data for AppClarity.
Reclaim policies and history.
|Entitlement||Entitlements for AppClarity.|
Hardware and software inventory for devices.
Optionally stores associations between Catalog products and Configuration Manager packages and applications.
A default repository is provided for each type of repository. You cannot delete a repository but you can change its details, clear its data or archive it. You can add further repositories for each type.
Repositories are populated using Connectors which are executed either manually or on schedule, and data is then processed by applications. In some cases you can manually enter data.
Providers can be used by applications to leverage external tools to perform specific operations. For example the reclaim provider enables software to be uninstalled, thereby extending the functionality of the platform to include uninstallation.
Custom properties are generally associated with Explorer and can be used when setting coverage tags to target Instructions to particular devices. The custom properties must be defined by a custom properties administrator before they can be used to tag devices or used to set the coverage of Instructions.
This is done from the Settings→Configuration→Custom properties page, which can be viewed by users with any of the following roles:
- Global Administrators
- Custom Properties Administrators
The 1E Client installer page is part of a feature that is currently under development and for use with the new Tachyon Discovery product, which is due for release in the coming months. To enable 1E Client to be rolled out across a network in conjunction with the network discovery piece, this page lets you select the 1E Client installer you want to use for the installation.
To deploy the 1E Client please refer to Deploying Tachyon clients.
The Consumers page lets you register the consumers that can access Tachyon. To enhance the security of the Tachyon system, only consumers that have been registered on this page will be allowed to access Tachyon.
Tachyon can integrate with third-party applications to enable its instruction-based investigation and resolution capabilities to be leveraged by other products. Some examples include: the Nomad Download Pause and Tachyon Configuration Manager integration features.
The Components page displays the configuration options and activity for all the components that make up the Tachyon platform.
The Schedules page lets you add schedules for executing actions on repositories, and select the categories of data you wish to collect.
The License information page shows details of the current license status and lets you reactivate your license if any changes have been made.
In the Products section, under Features, you can see which consumers you are able to use, and which type of instructions you can run according to their prefix pattern. Available consumers and prefixes are listed below under License requirements for consumer applications.
The System information page lets you review the configuration of Tachyon components used for Tachyon real-time features. There are no configuration options.
The Branding page lets you customize the appearance of the Tachyon Portal and emails to match your corporate style.