A quick tutorial on configuring access rights for Tachyon. Using a scenario where access to Tachyon will be managed through Active Directory groups, the tutorial illustrates the general setup required and the particular steps needed to add the necessary Tachyon users.
In this tutorial we will create a Tachyon AD group user for each of the possible roles given in the following table:
|Tachyon system role||Permissions||Introduced|
|1E Client Deployment Administrators|
Renamed in 4.1
|1E Client Installer Administrators|
Renamed in 4.1
|Connector Administrators||4.0 (SLA)|
|Custom Properties Administrators||3.0|
|Event Subscription Administrators||5.0|
|Event Subscription Viewers||5.0|
If email is enabled, this role will receive an approval request email for each requested action.
|Guaranteed State Administrators||4.0|
|Guaranteed State Viewers||4.0|
|Instruction Set Administrators|
|Inventory Administrators||4.0 (SLA)|
|Inventory Viewers||4.0 (SLA)|
|Management Group Administrators||4.0 (SLA)|
|Management Group Sync Initiators||4.0 (SLA)|
|Patch Success Viewers||4.0|
(renamed in 5.0)
|Provider Configuration Administrators||4.1 (SLA)|
|Schedule Administrators||4.1 (SLA)|
Questions, responses, actions are examples of securables. Other Consumers may create their own system roles and securables.
Creating the required Tachyon users/groups
The general steps for creating a new user or group are as follows:
Adding Tachyon users
- Log on to the Tachyon portal using a Tachyon user account with the Permissions Administrators role.
- Navigate to the Settings→Permissions→Users page.
- Click on the Add button, doing this displays the Add user popup.
- In the Select user field type the name, or part of the name, for the Active Directory user or security group that you want to add. A list of matching names will be retrieved from Active Directory and displayed as you type, these are filtered so that users or groups that have already been added do not appear.
- Select the Active Directory user or security group from the list of matching names displayed in the drop-down list and click Add.