Using Guaranteed State
Using Patch Success
Tachyon v5.1 - Install and Configure - Lab Guide
Tachyon v5.1 - AppClarity Training
Tachyon v5.1 - Application Migration Training
Tachyon v5.1 - Using - Using Experience - Lab Guide
Tachyon v5.1 - Using - Using Guaranteed State - Lab Guide
- Tachyon v5.1 - Using - Using Inventory - Lab Guide
Tachyon v5.1 - Using - Using Patch Success - Lab Guide
Tachyon v5.1 - Using - Using TIMS - Lab Guide
Tachyon v5.1 - Using - Application Programming Interface Lab Guide
Tachyon Advanced v5.1 Lab Guide
Tachyon - Nomad as Content Provider Lab Guide
- Tachyon v5.1 - Install and Configure - Lab Guide
In this lab we will learn how to use the Inventory Application as a user with Viewer rights.
The Inventory screens seen as an Inventory Viewer
Here we will look at the Inventory screens as a viewer
Software Inventory - Dashboard screen as a Viewer
- Log onto 1ETRNW101 as User
- Open the Tachyon Portal in Chrome (if not already open)
- Click Switch App and choose Inventory
- Navigate to Software Inventory → Dashboard
- The Software Inventory dashboard page shows a dashboard with eight panels, reflecting the current Inventory. We will now look at each of these panels in turn, each time a selection is made the remaining panels update:
- Installations by OS panel - This panel presents installations grouped by operating system.
- The user has the ability to drill down into each installation for each group by clicking on each color bar. This updates the other fields on the dashboard with data related to your choice. Click on the Windows Server 2016-1607 Standard bar in the Installations by OS panel, and note that the remaining 7 panels refresh to show data relating to your selection
- Installations by Vendors panel - This panel presents installations grouped by vendors.
- Click on the Microsoft Corporation bar in the Installations by Vendors panel, and note that the remaining 6 panels refresh to show data relating to your selection
- Click on each of the remaining panels to see the data change the description of each panel is:
- Top Software Title - This panel presents installations grouped by Top Software Title
- Software Editions - This panel presents installations grouped by Software Edition.
- End-of-Support Date - This panel presents installations grouped by End-of-Support Date.
- Stay Current - This panel presents installations grouped by Stay Current.
- Software Category Proliferation - This panel presents installations grouped by Software Category Proliferation.
- Software Usage - This panel presents installations grouped by Software Usage.
- Explore the changes when choosing different options to get a feel for the possible configuration options
Software Inventory - Aggregate Screen as a User
- Navigate to Software Inventory → Aggregate
- The screen shows a list of all software gathered via the SCCM software inventory
- The screen will look like this
- The fields listed along the screen show the following information:
- Each of the fields can be sorted or filtered, take a little time and sort and filter a selection of fields
- In the top right of the screen in line with the screen title are two drop lists, one showing Global the other Default Inventory
- Select the Default Inventory drop list and confirm this is the only available option, this is the only Repository we have configured
- Select the Global drop list and look at the available options, you will see each of our Management groups listed
- Choose each option and see how the display changes to show the software installed on each Management group. (you may need to scroll to see all the groups)
- Note that the Export button is disabled
Vendor: The software vendor
Title: The software title
Version: The version of the software installed
Colloquial Version: if known or exists the Colloquial version installed
Edition: The edition installed
Latest Known Version: The latest version discovered via AI matching
Category: Category information if set in SCCM
End Date: If provided the end date for the License
Licensable: Yes or No if the software is Licensed
- You can also customize which fields are displayed on the page from the available fields in the table above which listed the fields on screen using the Choose Columns control highlighted to the right.
- Click on the Choose Columns control and add and remove columns to be displayed. Click Save
- Observe the changes to the display, these will revert if the page is refreshed
Software Inventory - Product Usage Screen as a User
- Navigate to Software Inventory → Product Usage
- The Product Usage page shows the distribution of software installs, the top five categories by install and top saving opportunities across your software estate.
- Like previous screens it is possible to filter on Management Groups and Inventory, Only Default Inventory is available, but there are options for different Management Groups
- By clicking each colored bar and segment in the three top panels you can narrow the view to only those related products. The Panels are:
- Select a bar in each of the segments to see how the display changes
Top 5 Software Category by installation - The bar chart shows the top five categories by installs. The chart ignores operating systems and internet browser categories for calculating the top five categories.
Top 10 Saving Opportunities ($) - The bar chart shows the top ten products offering maximum saving opportunities in USD. The calculation is based on multiplying a product's unit price and sum of Unused and Rarely Used installs. The bar at the bottom shows the total opportunity in USD, segregated from Unused and Rarely Used installs.
Hardware - Hardware Inventory screen as a Viewer
- Click on Hardware - Hardware Inventory
- The screen to the right will be shown
- As before the drop lists are shown top right and have the same effect to select the machines in each Management group, choose each to see the effect on the display
- The column titles on this screen are self explanatory, if you are not clear please ask your instructor. You can also customize which of these fields are displayed on the page by using the Choose Columns control. And again can be filtered and sorted, if you wish spend some time exploring these.
- Note that the Export button is disabled
- Each of the machine names is a link, click on a link and view the detail returned
- This shows the Device Summary for that machine, On the page is the following information:
Management Groups: Which management groups the machine is assigned to
User Details: The primary user of the machine, their last login, and duration
The last logged on user, with last login date, and duration
Installed Software - Matched: Software installed on the machine that has been matched via SLA
- Unmatched: Software installed on the machine that has not been matched via SLA
Hardware - Virtual Summary Screen as a Viewer
- Navigate to Hardware - Virtual Summary the screen on the right is displayed
- This displays information on the Host Virtualization Technology, Physical Host Count, Total Virtual Guests and Missing Host-Guest Count in our Lab environment we only have 8 machines, You can also customize which of these fields are displayed on the page by using the Choose Columns control
Hardware - Device Screen as a Viewer
- Navigate to Hardware - Device the screen will be blank
- Enter 1ETRNW101 in the Search device box at the top of the screen and when the machine name resolves select this, the Devices screen then populates
- The information returned shows Basic Info for the selected device. Processor Details, Virtualization Information, Management Groups, User Details which include Primary User - User Name, Primary User - Last Login, Last Loggedin User - User Name, Last Loggedin User Last Login, and a count of the Total Users Accessed
- There are two tabs showing software titles installed on the device that are matched with titles in Inventory and unmatched titles. You can also customize which of these fields are displayed on the page by using the Choose Columns control.
- Note at the bottom of the screen in the Installed Software - Matched tab the Export button is disabled
- Navigate to the Installed Software - Unmatched tab
- Note at the bottom of the screen in the Installed Software - Unmatched tab the Export button is disabled, the Link apps button is enabled we will look at that functionality later
Manage Associations Screen as a Viewer
- Navigate to Manage Associations - CM to Product. CM to Product is underlined and on the right there are three options Associations, All records and No Associations, All records is selected, and displays the Applications and Packages (Note the number of records)
- Select Associations this shows that at this point the Administrator has not created any Associations between the ConfigMgr Application and the Product
- Select No Associations this shows those Applications and Packages that the Administrator should create Associations between the ConfigMgr Application and the Product (Note the number of records, this should match the All records value)
- Note that the Add/Edit Association button was disabled on each option
- On the left of the screen under the Manage Associations title, select Product to CM
- Note in the left most area the selection has changed from CM to Product, to Product to CM (you could also select this page directly)
- Data is now displayed, and the All records option is selected.
- Change the selection to Associations, note no data is displayed
- Select No Associations data is again displayed, as our Administrator has not made any associations.
- Note that the Add Association, Edit Association and Remove Association buttons were disabled on each option. You can also customize which of these fields are displayed on the page by using the Choose Columns control.
User Summary Screen as a Viewer
- Navigate to User Summary, this page shows data captured from sources such as Configuration Manager, Big Fix and vCenter if you have them configured.
- As before a drop list is shown top right and has the same effect to select any configured Inventory
- Note that the Export button is disabled
- You can also customize which of these fields are displayed on the page by using the Choose Columns control.
The User Summary page shows a list of active users gathered using the Configuration Manager software inventory.