Shopping provides the following features which support migration of applications during OS deployment:
- Windows Servicing Assistant (WSA) is a client based Wizard, and the preferred choice. It requires:
- Shopping OS Deployment Wizard. It requires:
Please refer to Self-service Operating System deployment for more information on configuring OS Deployment applications
You can optionally integrate with Application Migration to supplement Self-service Operating System deployment, whereby the Windows Servicing Assistant (WSA) or the Shopping OSD Wizard can shows users which applications will be migrated to their new OS.
When Shopping is used for self-service OS deployment, the OSD Wizard (Applications to reinstall page) lists applications that are currently installed and the corresponding applications that will be installed as a result of applying the defined Application rules. In order for Shopping to display this list when Application Migration is in use, it is necessary to enable Shopping integration with Application Migration as follows.
To integrate with Application Migration:
AppClarity Integration must be set to False. A description of settings, their values and behavior are listed below:
What users experience
- For users requesting a self-service OS migration from the Shopping Web:
- they cannot choose the applications to reinstall during a self-service OS migration
- if you previously used the AppMapping feature and have migrated to Application Mapping, users will see a list of their previously shopped for apps in My Software
- For administrators shopping on behalf of others:
- on the Reinstall tab, the option to choose specific application to be reinstalled on machines is not available
- on the Select New Apps tab, only applications that come with the new OS are listed and the option to select additional applications as part of this deployment is not available
- OSD mapping rules and OSD machine mapping details are not available