Microsoft ADK files
Installing PXE Everywhere Agents
Preparing a Configuration Manager Application for PXE Everywhere Agent using the 1E Client Deployment Assistant
First download and extract the latest version of the1E Client Deployment Assistant (CDA) from the 1E Support Portal (https://1eportal.force.com/s/endpointagentinstallertopic).
Also check the 1E Support Portal (https://1eportal.force.com/s/nomadtopicdetail) to see if there are any Hotfixes for PXE Everywhere. Download the latest Accumulated Hotfix (Patch) and extract its MSP file to include in the CDA folder structure.
The following is a summary of steps described in 1E Client Deployment Assistant - Running the wizard: PXE Everywhere settings but only for deploying PXE Everywhere Agent.
- Right-click the extracted 1EClientDeploymentAssistant.exe and select Run as administrator
- On the Welcome screen click Next
- On the License Terms screen accept the license and click Next
- On the ConfigMgr Connection page
- If you are running this on the CM site server select Local ConfigMgr Site Server
- Otherwise, select Remote ConfigMgr Site Server and
- Enter the site server name and username and password that should be used to connect to the CM site. In a multi-site hierarchy enter the name of the CAS site server.
- Click Connect to test the connection. Once connected, click Next
- On the General Settings screen
- Enter a UNC paths for Application Content Source and Package Content Source. The wizard will create a 1E\PXE Everywhere\4.0.x.x folder in these locations that will become the source for the CM Application Deployment Type.
- Do not check the Distribute Content checkbox (we’ll do that later). Click Next
- On the Agent Selection screen, uncheck all products except 1E Client 5.1. Click Next
- On the 1E Client 5.1.0.xxx screen, uncheck Create Package and leave the remaining settings as is. Click Next
- On the Tachyon and the other client settings screen, uncheck Enable Tachyon and all the other options. Click Next
- On the Nomad client settings screen, uncheck Enable Nomad (which will disable all the other options). Click Next
- On the PXE Everywhere Settings screen
- Enter the location of the Windows ADK (the wizard needs to extract Microsoft files from the ADK and add them to the application source). If you are running the wizard on the CM site server, the ADK should be installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit.
- Modify the PXE Everywhere Central web service URL, replacing pxe.contoso.com with the FQDN of your PXE Everywhere Central web server
- Check Enable support for DHCP Snooping only if you are also deploying PXE Everywhere Responders
- Click Next
- On the Summary screen, review the settings and click Create. The wizard will generate a transform MST file that includes all the custom properties and a CAB file that includes the files extracted from the ADK. It will then create a Collection, Application and Deployment in Configuration Manager.
- When the wizard completes, click Finish
Verify Configuration Manager objects
Confirm that the application source files include the following, after which you can distribute to Distribution Points.
- the 1E Client installer
- an installer transform MST file
- files extracted from the Windows ADK
In the Configuration Manager Admin Console, you should confirm that CDA has created:
- an Application named 1E Client 5.1.0.x
- a Collection named 1E Client 5.1.0.x - Required
- required Deployments for the 32-bit and 64-bit Deployment Types to the 1E Client 184.108.40.206.x Collection
Please refer to 1E Client Deployment Assistant 1.5 - Configuration Manager objects.
Deploying the 1E Client enabled PXE Everywhere Agent
You will need to distribute application source to Distribution Points.
Once distributed, simply add devices to the 1E Client 5.0.x.x - Required Collection in order to deploy the Agent to those devices.
Please refer to Verifying to verify your PXE Everywhere implementation.
Prepare and deploy the boot image using Preparing and deploying the PXE Everywhere boot images.