Shopping provides the following features which support migration of applications during OS deployment:
- Windows Servicing Assistant (WSA) is a client based Wizard, and the preferred choice. It requires:
- 1E Client as described in Preparation: 1E Client
- Nomad 7.0 or later as it is required to manage content and storage of user state using custom task sequence steps that are implemented with it
- And one of the following:
- Shopping OS Deployment Wizard. It requires:
Please refer to Self-service Operating System deployment for more information on configuring OS Deployment applications
You can optionally integrate with Application Migration to supplement Self-service Operating System deployment, whereby the Windows Servicing Assistant (WSA) or the Shopping OSD Wizard can show users which applications will be migrated to their new OS.
When Shopping is used for self-service OS deployment, the OSD Wizard (Applications to reinstall page) lists applications that are currently installed and the corresponding applications that will be installed as a result of applying the defined Application rules. In order for Shopping to display this list when Application Migration is in use, it is necessary to enable Shopping integration with Application Migration as follows.
To integrate with Application Migration:
AppClarity Integration must be set to False. A description of settings, their values and behavior are listed below:
What users experience