PXE Everywhere 4.0 release information – last updated
These release notes contain late-breaking information about PXE Everywhere that you need to have to successfully install and use the product. For the most up-to-date information, see the online release notes and Known issues.
New Features in PXE Everywhere 4.0
This 4.0.100 maintenance release contains the following new features:
- PXE Everywhere Agent is now a client module of 1E Client 5.2, available for x64 and x86 platforms. Please refer to 1E Client 5.2 - Implementing 1E Client for more details.
The main 4.0 release introduced the following new features:
- PXE Everywhere Agent is now a client module of 1E Client 5.1 available for x64 and x86 platforms. Please refer to 1E Client 5.1 - Implementing 1E Client for more details.
- PXE Everywhere Responder (used to support DHCP Snooping) now has its own installer to replace Static Responder mode of the Agent, as described in Installing PXE Everywhere Responder, and has been recompiled as x64 instead of x86.
- PXE Everywhere has replaced PXELite name throughout the product, with a few exceptions:
- The PXE Everywhere website and Application Pool is still called PXELite
- The registry root for PXE Everywhere Central is still PXELiteCentral
- The registry root for PXE Everywhere Responder is still PXELiteServer.
- UpdateBootImageGUI is included in the PXE Everywhere download zip.
PXE Everywhere comes with online help that shows you how to install, configure and use the product. Click the following link to view the help:
For support queries, please
- use https://1eportal.force.com where you can search the KB or submit a support case
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current known issues related to the installation and running of PXE Everywhere can be found in the Troubleshooting Known issues page of the PXE Everywhere documentation.
PXE Release History
126.96.36.199 31 Maintenance Release
- PXE Everywhere Agent is now a client module of 1E Client 5.2 available for x64 and x86 platforms
- Q21141 - PXE boot fails when the windows firewall is enabled (TFS 212739)
Q21358 - PXE boot may fail if multiple network cards are present in the system (TFS 215056)
Q21328 - Enabling the PXE Module in the 1E Client 5.1 creates an additional 1E.Client.log in C:/Temp folder (TFS 218205)
188.8.131.52 Major Release
- PXE Everywhere Agent is now a client module of 1E Client 5.1 available for x64 and x86 platforms
- PXE Everywhere Static Responder (to support DHCP Snooping) now has its own installer
- PXE Everywhere replaces PXELite name
- UpdateBootImageGUI is included in the PXE Everywhere download zip
- Q20742 - PXE Boot fails on Microsoft Surface Pro systems (TFS 195659)
- Q20475 - UpdateBootImage.exe fails with Configuration Manager 1902 (TFS 175421)
184.108.40.206 Major Release
- Support for networks with DHCP Snooping enabled
- Q20241 - Reusing the same NIC for multiple PXE initiated deployments in System Center Configuration Manager OSD (TFS - 26469)
- Q20241 - PXE Central install does not function properly with ConfigMgr CAS database (TFS - 133118)
- Q20241 - PXE Central does not provide BootID to devices where Unknown0=1 (TFS - 127155)
- Q20235 - PXE Everywhere answers election requests on non-preferred network (TFS - 133541)
- Q20235 - PXE Everywhere is not RFC 4578 compliant which may be causing PXE Boot failures (TFS - 143777)
- Q20235 - PXE Agent licensing changes (TFS - 142988)
- PXE Server returns the wrong adapter's IP in DHCP messages (TFS - 171559)
3.1.300.5 Maintenance Release
- Support for Windows Server 2016
- Support for Configuration Manager CB 1606 and CB 1610
220.127.116.11 Maintenance Release
- General enhancements
- CreateBCD.exe filling-up Tftproot with all contents of C: (TFS - 53617)
18.104.22.168309 Minor Release
- Enhanced handling of PXE boots for machines that do not comply to the standard PXE protocol
- PXE Everywhere service stops unexpectedly (TFS - 20300)
- PXE Everywhere local host registry value "BindTo" does not work (TFS - 37665)
- PXELite local consuming high CPU cycles on PCs and laptops (TFS - 42964)
22.214.171.124 Major Release
- Full compliance with Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
- Full support for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) devices.
- Support for ConfigMgr 2012 SP2, ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2