- Page not found for multiexcerpt macro.
Shopping provides the following features which support migration of applications during OS deployment:
- Windows Servicing Assistant (WSA) is a client based Wizard, and the preferred choice. It requires:
- Tachyon Agent 3.2, 3.3 or 4.0, or 1E Client 4.1 as described in Preparation: Tachyon Agent
- Nomad 6.3.201 or later as it is required to manage content and storage of user state using custom task sequence steps that are implemented with it
- Application Migration 2.5 (and SLA Platform 3.3) as part of the Windows Servicing Suite (WSS)
- Shopping OS Deployment Wizard. It requires:
Please refer to Self-service Operating System deployment for more information on configuring OS Deployment applications
You can optionally integrate with Application Migration to supplement Self-service Operating System deployment, whereby the Windows Servicing Assistant (WSA) or the Shopping OSD Wizard can shows users which applications will be migrated to their new OS.
When Shopping is used for self-service OS deployment, the OSD Wizard (Applications to reinstall page) lists applications that are currently installed and the corresponding applications that will be installed as a result of applying the defined Application rules. In order for Shopping to display this list when Application Migration is in use, it is necessary to enable Shopping integration with Application Migration as follows.
To integrate with Application Migration:
- Under Integration in the Shopping Admin console, for AppMigration Endpoint enter the URL (in the format,
https://serverFQDN:port)for the SLA platform.
- For AppMigration Mode choose AppMigration from the list.
- For SLA Platform Username enter user account that Shopping will use to query the SLA platform. This must be a user defined in the SLA Platform, as described in SLA Platform 3.3: Creating a new user.
- For SLA Platform Password enter the password for the user account specified in step 3
- Click Save. If any of these parameters are incorrect or the endpoint is not available, you cannot save them until you resolve the errors.
AppClarity Integration is set to False. To re-enable this, update AppMigration Mode to Shopping. A description of the parameters, its values and behavior is listed below:
|AppClarity Database||No default value set||Name of the AppClarity database to connect to.|
|AppClarity Database Server Instance||No default value set||Name of database server instance hosting the AppClarity database.|
|AppClarity Endpoint||No default value set|
The AppClarity integration services URL. For example,
|AppClarity Integration||False||Values are:|
|AppMigration Endpoint||No default value set|
The SLA Platform service endpoint URL that is used to query it for reinstall applications during as OS deployment. Used when the AppMigration mode is
|AppMigration Mode||Shopping||Where information about applications to be reinstalled during an OS deployment is derived from:|
|Catalog Endpoint||No default value set|
Location where the 1E Catalog is installed. Examples:
Indicates how Shopping applications and application migration rules are mapped to applications:
If you are running AppClarity 5.1 or later, use the upgrade tool to update existing application mapping and application migration rules to use the Catalog and update Integration Mode to Catalog.
|SLA Platform Password||No default value set||The password for the SLA Platform account used to query the platform for reinstall applications during and OS deployment. This setting sis required when AppMigration Mode is AppMigration.|
|SLA Platform Username||No default value set|
The name of the SLA Platform account (in the format:
What users experience
- For users requesting a self-service OS migration from the Shopping Web:
- they cannot choose the applications to reinstall during a self-service OS migration
- if you previously used the AppMapping feature and have migrated to Application Mapping, users will see a list of their previously shopped for apps in My Software
- For administrators shopping on behalf of others:
- on the Reinstall tab, the option to choose specific application to be reinstalled on machines is not available
- on the Select New Apps tab, only applications that come with the new OS are listed and the option to select additional applications as part of this deployment is not available
- OSD mapping rules and OSD machine mapping details are not available