Welcome to the Tachyon Explorer 5.2 documentation space. Here we describe all aspects of configuring and using Tachyon. Here's a quick overview of what the Tachyon documentation pages will tell you.
An overview of Tachyon Explorer is presented; what it does and how it can benefit your organization.
- Tachyon Features — An overview of all the Tachyon features and enhancements.
Everything you need to know about getting Tachyon installed and running in your network. This section is structured in a way that leads you through the three phases of a typical implementation project.
- Design Considerations
- Installing and upgrading — How to set up Tachyon Explorer.
How to use the Explorer application to investigate, remediate issues and manage operations across all your endpoints in real-time.
- Introducing Explorer — An overview of Explorer is presented; what it does and how it can benefit your organization. An introduction to the features of Explorer is provided.
- Explorer Features — An overview of Explorer application features.
- Explorer Home page, questions and responses — How to frame questions in Tachyon and view the responses.
- Instructions — Viewing the instruction history, navigating instructions using the tasks page and scheduling instructions.
- The action approval workflow — How to run actions with approval.
- Tagging client devices — Tachyon client devices can have a number of custom tags assigned using Tachyon and the Tachyon clients. There are two types of tag: coverage tags, which can be used in the scopes for questions and actions to help target specific collections of devices; and freeform tags that can be queried and set using specific questions and actions.
- Using Device Criticality — Assigning Criticality to devices according to their importance within your organization.
- Using Location — Assigning Location to devices within your organization.
- Exporting data from Tachyon Explorer — Results visible in Tachyon Explorer can be exported to files containing comma-separated values (CSV) or, in the case of the Export all option on the instruction response page, tab-separated values (TSV), and results can be marked for export at the point of asking a question to automate the process.
- Investigating Devices — Investigating devices that have connected to Tachyon using the 1E Client.
- Tachyon Activity Record — A description of the benefits of Tachyon Activity Record feature and how the data can be retrieved.
- Tachyon Quarantine — A description of the quarantine feature provided in the Tachyon client and implemented in the quarantine instructions present in the 1E-Explorer-TachyonCore.zip file.
- Known issues — Lists of the current known issues with implementing, configuring, using and extending Tachyon.
All the list type information, such as installer properties, in alphabetical lists etc.
- 1E Companion Products — A list of the feature dependencies between Tachyon Explorer and other 1E companion products.
- Log files — Names and locations of log files created by Tachyon Server, 1E Client, and Tachyon tools.
- Explorer reference — Reference information specific to the Explorer application.
- Tachyon Explorer release information — Details about new features of Tachyon Explorer, and links to further information.
- Index — This is an alphabetically sorted list of all the pages in the Tachyon documentation, which you can use if you want to find a particular named page and you don't remember where exactly it lives in the documentation structure.
- Tachyon Product Packs reference — Reference information for Product Packs included in the Tachyon Platform zip. These Product Packs are required to support various features of Tachyon.