Welcome to the 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect 1.0 documentation space. Here, we describe all aspects of configuring and using 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect. Here's a quick overview of what the 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect documentation pages will tell you.
1E Tachyon CMDB Connect is an integration between ServiceNow and Tachyon. This application allows the authorized user to view and learn the performance and behavior of end-user devices available in an enterprise.
- Fundamentals of 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect — An overview of the fundamental concepts and terminology needed to understand what 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect will do for you.
- Features of 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect — An overview of all the 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect features and enhancements.
Everything you need to know about getting 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect installed and running in your network. This section is structured in a way that leads you through the three phases of a typical implementation project.
- Design Considerations — Information that will help you design and plan the implementation of in your organization.
- Requirements — Information that will help you design and plan the implementation of 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect in your organization. This includes all the prerequisites and dependencies, which are necessary to install 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect.
- Preparation — What you will need to prepare before implementing 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect in your network. Typically, these are tasks that may take some time to organize, depending on how your organization works. A more complete checklist of tasks is provided in Requirements.
- Installing and upgrading — How to set up 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect.
- Verifying — Basic verification tests covering the installation and basic use of 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect.
1E Tachyon CMDB Connect allows ServiceNow users to access real-time information about end-user devices in an enterprise. We describe how to inspect and investigate your end-user devices.
- Schedule data sync — 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect allows an admin user to configure schedules as required. These Tachyon Schedules enables the sync of end-user device information from Tachyon into ServiceNow at predefined time intervals.
- Inspect end-user device — 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect integrates between ServiceNow CMDB module and Tachyon. Its main purpose is to provide support service desk personnel with real-time and reliable information. It populates a list of all your end-user devices and displays the attributes stored in CMDB.
- Investigate end-user devices — 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect can trigger Tachyon instructions on all available end-user devices at once. Because of this, Tachyon Information Services (TIS) can play an important role in investigating any connected device.
- View available instructions — There are a series of instructions offered by Tachyon to investigate and remediate end-user devices in an enterprise wide network. When 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect requests 1E Core to fetch the instruction, 1E Core signals Tachyon to get the instruction. These instructions are stored in the 1E Core apps table. Similarly, 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect also allows admin user to view list of instructions in the Instruction Definition module.
- View triggered instructions — 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect triggers instructions on the following occasions:
A general methodology for investigating issues with the 1E Core app, as well as identifying key issues and their resolutions.
- Known issues — Lists of the current known issues for implementing, configuring and using 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect
All the 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect related tables of information, such as supported platforms, communications ports etc.
- 1E Companion Products — A list of the feature dependencies between 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect and other 1E companion products.
- Release information - 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect — Details of the 1E Tachyon CMDB Connect release history, current release notes and details of third-party licenses.