Welcome to the Tachyon Explorer 8.0 documentation space. Here we describe all aspects of configuring and using Tachyon. Here's a quick overview of what the Tachyon documentation pages will tell you.
An overview of Tachyon Explorer is presented; what it does and how it can benefit your organization.
- Tachyon Features — An overview of all the Tachyon features and enhancements.
Everything you need to know about getting Tachyon installed and running in your network. This section is structured in a way that leads you through the three phases of a typical implementation project.
- Design Considerations
- Installing and upgrading — How to set up Tachyon Explorer.
How to use the Explorer application to investigate, remediate issues and manage operations across all your endpoints in real-time.
- Introducing Explorer — An overview of Explorer is presented; what it does and how it can benefit your organization. An introduction to the features of Explorer is provided.
- Explorer Features — An overview of Explorer application features.
- Explorer Home page, questions and responses — How to frame questions in Tachyon and view the responses.
- Instructions — Viewing the instruction history, navigating instructions using the tasks page and scheduling instructions.
- The action approval workflow — How to run actions with approval.
- Tagging client devices — Tachyon client devices can have a number of custom tags assigned using Tachyon and the Tachyon clients. There are two types of tag: Device tags, which can be used in the scopes for questions and actions to help target specific collections of devices; and freeform tags that can be queried and set using specific questions and actions.
- Using Device Criticality — Assigning Criticality to devices according to their importance within your organization.
- Using Location — Assigning Location to devices within your organization.
- Exporting data from Tachyon Explorer — Results visible in Tachyon Explorer can be exported to files containing comma-separated values (CSV) or, in the case of the Export all option on the instruction response page, tab-separated values (TSV), and results can be marked for export at the point of asking a question to automate the process.
- Investigating Devices — Investigating devices that have connected to Tachyon using the 1E Client.
- Tachyon Activity Record — A description of the benefits of Tachyon Activity Record feature and how the data can be retrieved.
- Tachyon Quarantine — A description of the quarantine feature provided in the Tachyon client and implemented in the quarantine instructions present in the 1E-Explorer-TachyonCore.zip file.
- Known issues — Lists of the current known issues with implementing, configuring, using and extending Tachyon.
An introduction to Tachyon training resources, including lab guides.
All the list type information, such as installer properties, in alphabetical lists etc.
- 1E Companion Products — A list of the feature dependencies between Tachyon Explorer and other 1E companion products.
- Log files — Names and locations of log files created by Tachyon Server, 1E Client, and Tachyon tools.
- Explorer reference — Reference information specific to the Explorer application.
- Tachyon Explorer release information — Details about new features of Tachyon Explorer, and links to further information.
- Index — This is an alphabetically sorted list of all the pages in the Tachyon documentation, which you can use if you want to find a particular named page and you don't remember where exactly it lives in the documentation structure.