The following components are IIS Web Applications that reside on a single-server.
Under the Tachyon website:
- Background (Background Channel)
- Consumer (Cnsumer API)
Under the Default Web Site:
The Core is a Tachyon Response Stack component which has two web applications, Core and Core Internal.
Core does the following:
- Forwards workflow commands from the Workflow service to the Tachyon Switch
- Generates and sends instrumentation data to the Instrumentation service
Core Internal does the following:
- Forwards responses from the Switch to the Responses database. This task requires high throughput therefore uses HTTP, but restricts access to the Switch server's local IP Address only
The Background Channel is a Tachyon Response Stack component which provides a means for the Tachyon Agents to retrieve large data items from Tachyon without loading the Tachyon Switch:
- Stores Agent resources from the Consumer API in the Background Channel for Tachyon Agents to retrieve
- Responds to Tachyon Agents retrieving Agent resources from the Background Channel
The Switch is a Tachyon Response Stack component which provides the following:
- Sends instructions to and retrieves responses from the Tachyon Agents
- Receives workflow commands from the Core component
- Retrieves instruction definitions from the Core component
- Forwards responses to the Core component
- Sends instrumentation data to the Instrumentation component
The Switch Host service is responsible for starting local Switches.
Tachyon Portal UI
Tachyon users browse to the Tachyon Portal to access Tachyon applications:
- Guaranteed State
- Patch Success
The Consumer API provides the following:
- Processes the consumer requests from the Explorer and other Consumers
- Publishes Agent resources to the Tachyon Background Channel
- Forwards requests for instrumentation data from the Explorer to the Tachyon Instrumentation component
- Forwards workflow commands from Consumers to the Tachyon Workflow component
The Coordinator service is the coordinating service used by Tachyon components. It has the following modules:
- Instrumentation - processes instrumentation data from the following components:
- Forwards workflow commands from the Consumer API to the Core
- Stores workflow in SQL
- Connects to remote SMTP to send emails used in the approval process for actions
- The Workflow component contacts the Authentication component to manage the two-factor authentication process
- Sends instructions according to Tachyon schedules
- Agent Deployment
- Managenent Groups
- Processing of Management groups within Tachyon.
- Processing of Policies, including Guaranteed State.
onds to requests for instrumentation data from the Consumer API.
Supports the two-factor authentication feature, with email.
|The Catalog website used to view and interact with the Catalog.|
Catalog Update Service
|Service used to connect to the 1E Cloud Catalog in order to download the latest catalog entries..|
|APIs used to manage and update the 1E Catalog.|
SLA Platform APIs
The Admin APIs are used to manage the SLA Platform.
The Core External APIs are used by SLA Platform clients, including the AppClarity Software Reclaimer. The Software Reclaimer will be a feature in a future version of Tachyon.
SLA Platform UI
|The Platform website used to view and interact with the Inventory.|
|The Engine service is the coordinating service used by SLA Platform components. This includes processing of Management groups within SLA.|
|The Integrate Agent performs Connector functions by connecting to data sources and importing data into repositories. The Integrate Manager manages Agent operations including respository action schedules.|
|The inventory repositories.|
|The Operations Provider and functions|
BI MDX API
|APIs used to manage SLA Business Intelligence.|
|The primary examples of Consumers are the Tachyon applications (Explorer, Guaranteed State, Patch Success and Settings) other examples include external consumers such as Configuration Manager extensions.|
Tachyon has two databases:
- Tachyon Master
- Tachyon Responses
SLA Platform has three databases:
SLA BI has two databases:
- SLA-BI database
- SLA-BI cube on a SQL Server Analysis Server (SSAS) instance
|Each Tachyon Agent runs on one of the devices you want to include in your Tachyon managed estate. The Tachyon Agents communicate with the Tachyon Switches and the Background Channel to provide responses to instructions (questions and actions).|