Assigning computers to departments and buildings
In this tutorial, we are going to:
- Assign a computer from the UNASSIGNED BUILDING or UNASSIGNED DEPARTMENT groups to an existing location or building group.
To associate an unassigned computer with an existing group:
- Select the unassigned group to display a list of unassigned computers.
- Locate the group you want to assign computers to by scrolling down the list of groups on the left pane.
- Select the computers to move from the right pane by:
- If moving a single computer, just click to select.
- If moving a contiguous selection, use
- If moving a non-contiguous selection, use
Drag and drop the computers in the group on the left pane.
|If you are dragging the computers into an invalid group, the cursor changes to .|
Selecting computers ACMERRA1 and ACMERRA2 from the UNASSIGNED BUILDING to associate with 35 Paseo de la Castellana is illustrated below.