There are five types of Shopping applications:
Non-Configuration Manager applications –
- Configuration Manager applications –
- Mobile applications –
- OS deployments –
- Windows Servicing Assistant Deployments – Similar to OS Deployment Applications, Windows Servicing Assistant Deployment applications are used to execute Configuration Manager Task Sequences to automate various OS deployment scenarios. It is a client-based wizard that is implemented with the Shopping client module in the 1E Client.
Within these five types there are various configurations in terms of the types of Shopping applications you can create.
These are (but are not restricted to) applications:
- Visible to specific users or groups and those available to everyone
- With or without the need for approvals
- That vary approvers depending on the computer it is installed on
- With or without licensing
- Administered centrally or at a branch
- That determine AD membership.