Welcome to the 1E Client 4.1 documentation space. Here we describe all aspects of installing and configuring 1E Client. Here's a quick overview of what the 1E Client documentation pages will tell you.
An overview of 1E Client features and modules. The 1E Client provides client functionality for Shopping, WakeUp, Nomad, and Tachyon.
Everything you need to know about deploying 1E Client in your network. This section is structured in a way that leads you through the three phases of a typical implementation project: Design, Install, Verify
- Design Considerations — Information that will help you design and plan deployment of 1E Client in your organization. Includes infrastructure dependencies for each 1E product supported by the 1E Client.
- Requirements — Information that will help you design and plan the implementation of 1E Client in your organization. This includes all the prerequisites and dependencies, which are necessary to install 1E Client.
- Preparation — What you will need to prepare in advance of deploying 1E Client in your organization. Typically these are requirements that may take some time to organize, depending on how your organization works.
- Installing and upgrading — How to deploy 1E Client, including a guide to upgrading. 1E Client provides Tachyon client features and client modules for Nomad, WakeUp and Shopping/WSA.
- Deploying 1E Client on Windows — Guidance for deploying the 1E Client onto Windows computers, including installation and uninstallation.
- Deploying 1E Client on non-Windows — Guidance for deploying the 1E Client onto non-Windows devices, including installation and uninstallation. Only the Tachyon features of 1E Client are available on macOS and other non-Windows OS.
- Upgrading to 1E Client — Guidance for upgrading Tachyon and other 1E agents to 1E Client. This page contains detailed steps for upgrading Tachyon Agent and a summary of considerations for upgrading other legacy agents. The 1E Client contains clients for 1E products and solutions, and their upgrade documentation should be consulted before upgrading their clients and agents.
- Reconfiguring 1E Client — The 1E Client will be installed with the configuration required at the time. After the initial installation, it may be necessary to reconfigure the 1E Client. For example, you may want to enable a module that was not enabled when the 1E Client was first installed. This page provides guidance on changing the configuration of the 1E Client after the initial installation and configuration.
- Verifying — Basic verification tests that cover a single-server installation of Tachyon Server. These tests only cover Tachyon and do not verify the configuration of 1E client modules with other 1E products.
A general methodology for investigating issues with the 1E Client, as well as identifying key issues and their resolutions.
- Client issues — Troubleshooting common issues that you may be having with installation and configuration of the 1E Client.
- Known issues — Lists of the current known issues with implementing, configuring, using and extending Tachyon.
An introduction to 1E Client training resources, including lab guides.
All the list type information, such as installer properties, in alphabetical lists etc.
- Supported Platforms — A list of all the platforms supported by 1E Client, and the software required to allow 1E Client to be installed or to work.
- Communication ports — Information about the communication ports required by each of the 1E Client features and modules, and their respective server infrastructures. Useful, if needed, for network and device firewalls.
- Tachyon communication ports — A diagram and a table with a list of all the Tachyon communication ports.
- Shopping communication ports — A diagram and a table with a list of all the Shopping communication ports.
- NightWatchman Enterprise communication ports — Tables with lists of all the NightWatchman Enterprise components and their communication ports.
- Nomad communication ports — Diagrams and tables with lists of all the Nomad communication ports.
- 1E Companion Products — A list of the feature dependencies between 1E Client and other 1E companion products.
- 1E Client configuration settings and installer properties — Settings available in the 1E Client configuration file, with details of which settings are mandatory or optional during installation, and which settings can be re-configured post-installation.
- 1E Client settings — Installer and configuration settings for 1E Client which affect all client features and modules.
- Tachyon client settings — Installer properties and configuration file settings for the Tachyon client features of the 1E Client. These settings are common to Windows and non-Windows platforms.
- Nomad client settings — Installer properties and configuration file settings for the Nomad client module of the 1E Client, which is supported only on Windows computers.
- Shopping client settings — Installer properties and configuration settings for the Shopping client module of the 1E Client supported only on Windows computers. This module supports users connecting to the Shopping Portal, and provides the Windows Servicing Assistant (WSA).
- WakeUp client settings — Installer and configuration settings for the WakeUp client module of the 1E Client supported only on Windows computers.
- 1E Client command-line parameters — Command-line interface (CLI) parameters available to the 1E Client executable.
- Log files — Details of 1E Client log files.
- 1E Client release information — Details of the 1E Client release history, current release notes and details of third-party licenses.
- Index — This is an alphabetically sorted list of all the pages in the 1E Client documentation, which you can use if you want to find a particular named page and you don't remember where exactly it lives in the documentation structure.