Introducing AppClarity 5.2
How it works
Working with AppClarity
Technical support for AppClarity
How to show the number of Active Clients
Understanding Product Installation Report
Identifying machines not posting usage data to ConfigMgr
Totally removing an old AppClarity Console install
Export Reclaim Policies
Export Full Reclaim history
Products with No usage and Unreported
Reclaimer Customization Testing
Enabling SSL support for the software reclaimer
- Known issues
A general methodology for investigating issues with AppClarity, as well as identifying key issues and their resolutions.
On this page
In this section
For customers with a maintenance contract
Log-in to the 1E Support Web portal with the credentials from your maintenance contract – it provides issue tracking, product hotfixes and knowledge base articles for each product.
Before you raise a support case, we recommend you:
- Check the list of known issues to see if the problem you are encountering is listed and if we have a remediation for it.
- Check the latest Hotfix to see if this issue is known and already addressed in an hotfix.
- If you do not find what you want, create a technical report and submit that together with your support case.
For customers evaluating AppClarity
If you are evaluating AppClarity, contact us by email.
Creating a technical report
When you create your technical report, please provide us with the following details so that we can deal with your support case effectively when we look at it. Not having any these will very likely result in a longer resolution time as we will need to get in touch with you to obtain the missing files.
Log files – it must include the recorded time when the issue took place. If it does not, delete the logs and rerun the steps to replicate the issue. The table below details the log files we require:
For issues related to Required log files Location of log files AppClarity
- All AppClarty logs
AppClarity Reclaimer(output mode)
AppClarity Reclaimer (mandatory mode)
AppClarity and ActiveEfficiency integration
- Environmental details
- The version of AppClarity you are running, including the latest patch for it
- The version of ActiveEfficiency you are running, including the latest patch for it
- The version of Configuration Manager you are running, including the latest patch for it
- The name of the machines, Product and Vendor and when the issue occurred.
- The version of the Operating System you are running, including the latest patch for it
- The scope of the issue – did it affect a particular geographical location, group of users or client machines
- If there were any recent changes made to your configuration
- Self-help troubleshooting steps you carried out
- In the event of a service crash or if you are experiencing high CPU or memory usage, provide us with the dump file, event viewer logs, traces. We will provide you with FTP details to upload these files