An upgrade migration rule upgrades an existing application to a newer version. In this tutorial, we are going to create a rule that upgrades Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 to Acrobat Reader DC (specifically to 15.007.20033).
To do this:
- In FILTER, search for Adobe.
- Click Add rule.
In the Migration Rule screen, choose Upgrade application for the behavior for the rule.
As we want to upgrade all instances of Adobe Acrobat 9 to Acrobat DC, follow the actions in the table below (the columns represent the action in the Migration Rule screen):
Upgrade this to this version
- The attributes for Acrobat Reader is already populated.
- Tick the wildcard box under its attributes
- Tick Any usage
- Click VERSION and from the list, choose 15.007.20033
- As this version of Adobe Acrobat DC Reader is not already associated with a Configuration Manager package or application, you must make the association for it to be installed.
- Choose Associate target with CM application.
- From the list of applications, choose Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
- Click Save and Close.
- In FILTER search for Adobe.
- Under Rule, click Show to view a summary of the post-OSD state for the rule you just created.