When the project loads, the Installations page is displayed.
From this page you can:
- Choose a Management Group to report on –
- Narrow down the list of items in the table with FILTER BY
- Rules – displays the number of existing rules associated with a particular management group. Follow the link to add new, modify or delete existing rules.
- Exclusions – displays the items that have been excluded. Exclusions are not associated with any management group. Follow the link to view the exclusions.
- Non-normalized – displays the number items that have not yet been normalized against the Catalog. Follow the link to resolve the unmatched items.
- Expand all/Collapse all – expands all the encapsulated versions in the table and whether those versions are covered by a rule.
- Navigate between screens by clicking Back – all filters and pagination data are preserved until you clear them.
The details table (below the navigation elements) lists the applications installed (by the number of installations and aggregated by colloquial version) across your estate, their usage, whether there are rules associated with each of these product and those that need attention. Click the right-pointing arrow to the left of the icon to expand the group to get a view of its encapsulated versions.
- Rule – at this top level, the icons are indicative of the status of the migration rules:
- a green tick indicates there are migration rules associated with the all the child rows for this parent
- a red cross indicates that there are no migration rules associated with any of the child rows for this parent
- a yellow question mark indicates that there are some child rows that have migration rules associated with them whilst others do not and needs attention
- a red exclamation mark indicates that a conflict exists in one of the child rows. This typically happens when the application is associated with more than one management group. You can resolve this conflict by setting the precedence in Prioritize Management Group.
- Install Count – the total number of installations for that particular product across your estate
- Usage – a summary of usage for that particular product. Hover your mouse over the information icon for a legend
- Vendor – vendor of the product
- Title – title of the product
- Version – displays single if there is only one version for this application and multiple if there are different versions within the group
- Edition – edition of the product
- Action – enables you to manage your rules (add new, update, delete) or exclude the application altogether
You can reorder the results by hovering your mouse to the right of the Install Count, Vendor, Title, Version, Edition or Usage column headers and clicking the ascending or descending sort order icons.
You can use FILTER BY to narrow the results of the table. The fields used as part of the filter criteria are the same as the sortable column headers above. For example, to narrow the results of the installed applications to show only Microsoft applications:
- Click the + at the end of the FILTER BY field – a pop-up displays the criteria for the filter. Our example illustrates the different operands depending on the field you choose.
- Click FIELD and from the context menu, choose Vendor.
- Click OPERATOR and from the context menu, choose the Contains operand (the list of operands are contains, not contains, equals, not equals, is null, or not null).
- CLICK VALUE and type Microsoft.
- Click Add.
The list of installed applications is now restricted to those by Microsoft Corporation.