Installing Application Migration in unattended mode
To install Application Migration in unattended mode:
- Navigate to the location where you downloaded ApplicationMigration.msi.
Start a command prompt with elevated rights and run the following command-line:
<log path> is the location you want for the installation log files
<TachyonBasePlatformURL> is the Base URL for the Tachyon Portal website.
You can connect either using HTTP or HTTPS. In either case the URL will be based on the settings made on the Website Configuration screen of the Tachyon Setup program. Please refer to Tachyon 5.0 - Tachyon Setup: Website configuration for more details.
For example, if your Tachyon server FQDN is ACME-TCN01.ACME.LOCAL and your Tachyon DNS alias is TACHYON.ACME.LOCAL, and these have been configured as the host headers on the Website Configuration screen of the Tachyon Setup program, then either of the following URLs can be used:
If you have specified a custom port on the Website Configuration screen of the Tachyon Setup program then this should also be added to the URLs. For example:
Relicensing Application Migration
From Application Migration version 3.0 licensing is handled through Tachyon. You will no longer need to license Application Migration using the installer. Please refer to the Tachyon 5.0 - License information page for details about Tachyon license requirements for Tachyon applications.
Installing the 1E Task Sequence tools
The Task Sequence Tools installer extends the Configuration Manager Task Sequence Editor, adding the Application Migration step that can be added to OS deployment task sequences. This step executes during the OS deployment, calling an Application Migration API that returns a list of Configuration Manager Applications and Programs to be installed on the computer being deployed.
Install the Task Sequence Tools on the following systems:
- The Configuration Manager Primary Site server. In a multi-site hierarchy, install it on the CAS and each primary site.
- If any site has one or more remote SMS Providers, install it on each remote SMS Provider server
- Any remote Configuration Manager console systems that are used to edit task sequences.
To install the Task Sequence Tools:
Start a command prompt with elevated rights and run the following command-line from the location the installer was downloaded:
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- On the License Agreement screen, accept the terms of the agreement and click Next.
- On the Ready to Install screen, click Next.
- On the Completion screen, click Finish.
Reviewing 1E Task Sequence Tools installation
To review your Task Sequence Tools installation:
- From your Configuration Manager console, choose the Software Library workspace.
- Expand the Operating Systems folder and select Task Sequences.
- Right-click any task sequence and from the context menu, choose Edit.