Enable Auto Install for Configuration Manager Applications and Packages
Application Migration uses the Install Application and Install Package steps in a Task Sequence to install migrated applications and packages. These Task Sequence steps are dependent on the relevant checkbox (auto install flag) being enabled for each application and package:
- Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence action without being deployed
- Allow this program to be installed from the Install Package task sequence action without being deployed.
If a checkbox is not enabled, the software installation will fail for that application or package. An administrator can enable this checkbox for each application and package by using either of the following methods:
- in Configuration Manager during or after creating each application and package
- using the Auto Install feature in Application Migration when creating application associations, rules or Role Based Application sets.
For information about where to manually enable the checkbox for applications and packages in Configuration Manager, please refer to Using Application Migration in a Task Sequence: Auto Install for Configuration Manager Applications and Packages.
Scheduling the connector to keep data synchronized
The process above executes a single, on-demand synchronization of data from Configuration Manager into Application Migration.
You should schedule the connector to execute regularly to keep the data in Application Migration up to date, ensuring new devices, new software installations and software removals are correctly reported.
To perform this task you will need to be logged into the Tachyon portal as a user with the Schedule Administrator role. The Application Migration Administrator role does not have the required permissions to schedule connectors.
Refer to Tachyon Platform 5.2 - Schedules page for details on how to schedule a connector.
Executing the consolidation actions independently
There are scenarios where you would want to execute the consolidation reports separately from an inventory synchronization, for example you may have a number of inventory connectors connecting into different data sources. In this case you would want to perform all the synchronizations before executing the consolidation actions.
There are two consolidation actions you need to execute for Application Migration:
- Basic Inventory Consolidation.
- Application Migration Consolidation.