Application Migration 3.1 release notes – last updated
Features in the Application Migration 3.1.105 maintenance release:
- Works with Tachyon Platform 5.2
- No new features in this maintenance release.
Features in the main Application Migration 3.1 release:
- Works with Tachyon 5.1
- Improvements to upgrade rules to support scenarios where the currently installed software has a later version than the one listed in the upgrade rule - In versions prior to Application Migration 3.1, it was possible that upgrade rules had issues when the application they were trying to upgrade on the client devices were later versions than the ones they were trying to upgrade to. To remedy these unpredictable and unwanted results, now if an upgrade rule tries to downgrade an application then it will be ignored. For more details please refer to Adding a rule to upgrade an application: What happens in upgrade scenarios where the currently installed version of the application is later than the target application?
- Application and Package installation success has been improved - this handles scenarios where the administrator has forgotten to check the Allow this application to be installed from the Install Application task sequence action without being deployed checkbox, which is a prerequisite for migrating an application. In practice, it was a common error for administrators to overlook this, which - in earlier versions - led to the Task Sequence failing. In Application Migration 3.1, if the administrator forgets to set the checkbox, a warning is now displayed that lets the administrator continue and Application Migration sets the option automatically. For more details please refer to Getting started with Application Migration: Auto Install for Configuration Manager Applications and Packages
- Multiple exclusion of applications is now supported from the Installations page - please refer to Managing product exclusions.
Tachyon comes with online help that shows you how to install, configure and use the product. Click the following link to view the help:
For support queries, please
- use https://1eportal.force.com where you can search the KB or submit a support case
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The current known issues related to Application Migration can be found in the Troubleshooting Known issues page of the Application Migration documentation.
Known issues for the Platform and other applications can be found in the Tachyon Platform 5.2 - Known issues documentation.
Application Migration Release History
Application Migration 2.5.200 onwards is a separately licensed application in the Tachyon Platform. Please refer to Tachyon Platform 5.2 release information for latest information, where you will also find details of previous releases, and hotfixes.
TaskSequence Tools 2.5.200 onwards is a separate package. Please refer to Task Sequence Tools release notes.
The following earlier versions worked with SLA Platform 3.3.
188.8.131.52 Maintenance release (including TaskSequence Tools v184.108.40.206)
- Support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2
- Support for changes made in SLA Platform v3.3
- 149325 – AppMig 220.127.116.11: Rules and Exclusions mysteriously disappearing
18.104.22.1684 Minor release (including TaskSequence Tools v22.214.171.124)
- Changes related to Unreported usage string in Platform
- Role Based Sets to support new computers.
- Ability to import application migration rules in bulk from Excel.
- Support for Inplace and Wipe and Load scenarios.
- Enhancements in Task Sequence tools to support Inplace, Refresh, Replace and New computer deployments.
- 121345 – Not able to navigate "away" from Non-normalized tab to a different tab
- 121665 – Editing an existing migration rule results in a loop where "searching" is displayed below the version field
- 131035 – Shopping and AppMigration Integration use different domains
126.96.36.199 Major release (including TaskSequence Tools v188.8.131.52)
- Ability to configure migration rules by management group.
- Ability to configure migration rules using the product's colloquial versions instead of its full version.
- Ability to exclude applications from the migration that have no relevance to your organization.
- 87987 – App-Migration products version with more than four variants are greyed out
- 108272 – New AppMigration rule freezes pane
- 107081 – Exclusions not displaying after a refresh
- 107669 – License key is major version specific
184.108.40.2063 Major release (including TaskSequence Tools v220.127.116.11)
Initial release of Application Migration:
- Inventory and usage
- Migration Rules
- Quick preview
- Task sequence tools