Add the ITSM Connect app proxy user to Tachyon
ServiceNow users that log in to the 1E ITSM Connect app will actually be interacting with Tachyon using a proxy user that is configured on the 1E ITSM Connect app's App Configuration page. This proxy user retrieves and executes instructions and fetches responses from Tachyon using Tachyon's API and the consumer added above.
In our example we will add a user to Tachyon, which must already exist in AD, that will have the following function and the following system roles applied:
|Proxy User account||Function||Assigned Tachyon role|
|ACME\ITSMConnectUser||Tachyon user||Global Actioners|
System (global) roles allow access to all instruction sets and all devices. We could define more granular permissions using custom roles instead of system roles. This would involve creating a custom role in Tachyon and assigning specific instruction sets and management groups to the role.
Please refer to:
- Design Considerations to understand more about app roles, their proxy users, Tachyon roles, instruction sets and management groups
- Tachyon 5.0 - The Permissions Menu for details on how to permission roles in Tachyon 5.0.
- 1E ITSM Connect post-installation tasks: App Configuration Page for details on how to configure proxy users in ServiceNow
- User Management for information on how to set up users in ServiceNow.
Check your Tachyon license
If you intend to utilize the Experience features of Tachyon you need to have a suitable license with the Experience consumer added to it. Without this, you will not get the Experience features in 1E ITSM Connect.
If you have not yet installed Tachyon, then you will need to obtain a Tachyon license file, and check it as follows:
- Open your Tachyon.lic license file using Notepad.
- Confirm the following exist in the features section:
- Feature name="Experience"
- Consumer name="Experience" enable="on"
If it is not there then you should contact SalesOps@1e.com to get an updated license file.
If you have already installed Tachyon, check your license as follows:
- Login to Tachyon as a Global Administrator, using the Settings app, and navigate to Configuration→License information page.
- Check that a feature with the name Experience exists there.
- If it is not there then you should contact SalesOps@1e.com to get your license enhanced.
- If your Tachyon system has access to the 1E Licensing service via the Internet, then your license will be updated automatically.