Introducing NightWatchman Enterprise 7.3
How it works
Quick starts, evaluations and pilots
Working with NightWatchman Enterprise
Using the core components
Configuring and managing advanced components
Using the NightWatchman console
Using the WakeUp console
Web WakeUp server configuration
Operational best practices
Frequently asked questions
- Using the core components
Importing NightWatchman group policies
You can set global policies for NightWatchman using Active Directory Group Policy. A sample template (1Enwm.adm) is provided in the NightWatchman Management Center zip file. This is a standard Group Policy template and is fully editable. Support is provided on a reasonable endeavors basis.
The NightWatchman template can be imported for a particular domain. To do this:
- In the Active Directory Users and Computers console, right-click the domain.
- Select Properties from the context menu.
- In the Properties dialog, select the Group Policy tab.
- In the Group Policy tab, click New to add a new group policy.
- Create a new group policy called NightWatchman.
- Click Edit.
- In the Group Policy Object Editor, right-click the Administrative Templates node.
- From the context menu, select Add/Remove Templates...
- In the Add/Remove Templates dialog, click Add...
- Locate the 1Enwm.adm file (typically located under C:\Windows\Inf).
- Click Open.
The NightWatchman group policy settings is imported into the Group Policy object and a new node (1E Software) is created under Administrative Templates. This new node contains all the settings that control NightWatchman.