Welcome to the 1E Patch Success 8.0 documentation space. Here we describe all aspects of configuring and using the Tachyon application Patch Success. Here's a quick overview of what the Patch Success documentation pages will tell you.
Introducing Patch Success
An overview of Patch Success features.
Implementing Patch Success
Everything you need to know about getting Patch Success installed and running in your network. This section is structured in a way that leads you through the three phases of a typical implementation project.
- Requirements — What you will need to prepare in advance of implementing a Tachyon Server in your network. Typically these are tasks that may take some time to organize, depending on how your organization works.
- Configuring Patch Success — Configuring Patch Success after installation.
- Verifying — Basic verification tests that cover a single-server installation of Tachyon Server. These tests only cover Tachyon and do not verify the configuration of 1E client modules with other 1E products.
Using Patch Success
How to use the Patch Success application to report on and ensure successful patching of your enterprise.
- Title and filter bars — Information about the title and filter bars that appear at the top of all Patch Success pages.
- Patch Success Overview page — The overview page shows a dashboard with three charts and a pivot table, that are dynamically recalculated based on applied filters.
- Patch pages — Information about the patch pages:
- Device pages — Information about the device pages:
- Monitoring pages — Information about the device pages:
- Reporting and successfully patching a management group for a single KB - tutorial — A worked example of using Patch Success.
A general methodology for investigating issues with Patch Success, as well as identifying key issues and their resolutions.
- Known Issues — Lists of the current known issues with implementing, configuring, and using.
An introduction to Tachyon training resources, including lab guides.
All the list type information, such as installer properties, in alphabetical lists etc.
- Patch Success release information — Details about new features of Patch Success, and links to further information.
- 1E Companion Products — A list of the feature dependencies between Patch Success and other 1E companion products.
- 1E Patch Success product pack — Classic Product Pack used to create the 1E Patch Success instruction set required by the Patch Success application.
Copyright and trademark notices
All rights reserved. No part of this document or of the software (“the software”) to which it relates shall be reproduced, adapted, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without permission from 1E Ltd. It is the responsibility of the user to use the software in accordance with this document and 1E Ltd shall not be responsible if the user fails to do so. Although every precaution has been taken in the preparation of this document, 1E Ltd and the authors assume no responsibility for errors or omissions, nor shall they be liable for damages resulting from any information in it.
1E, the 1E device, TACHYON, APPCLARITY, ACTIVEEFFICIENCY, NIGHTWATCHMAN, NOMAD BRANCH, NOMAD ENTERPRISE, PXE EVERYWHERE, DROWSY and DROWSY SERVER are trademarks belonging to 1E Ltd. 1E is registered in the UK, EU and the US. The 1E device is registered in the UK, EU, Australia and the US. NIGHTWATCHMAN is registered in the EU and the US. Nomad is registered in the EU and the US. DROWSY is registered in the UK. DROWSY SERVER is registered in the US.
MICROSOFT, WINDOWS, WINDOWS 7, WINDOWS VISTA, WINDOWS XP, SMS, CONFIGURATION MANAGER, INTERNET EXPLORER are all trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.