Working with Shopping
Using the Shopping Web
The Shopping Admin console
Setting up Configuration Manager sites
User and Computer categories
Managing non-Configuration Manager applications
Managing Configuration Manager applications
Managing mobile applications
Creating OS deployment applications
Bulk importing applications from Configuration Manager
Enabling and disabling applications
Removing and deleting applications
User-specific application visibility
Setting up computer category approval
Configuring application license management
Configuring application rental
Configuring AD membership applications
AD group membership rental
Searching for applications
Creating Windows Servicing Assistant Deployment Applications
- Managing non-Configuration Manager applications
- Setting up Configuration Manager sites
Shopping Web administration
- Using the Shopping Web
This is OS-specific application visibility. With OS filtering, users will only see Configuration Manager applications compatible with the OS platform they are currently using when they shop for applications in the Shopping Web. When shopping for others, checks are made to ensure that requested applications are compatible with the machine it is intended for. If the check fails, the order is not placed and a notification is sent to the administrator.
To enable OS filtering
- In the Shopping Admin console, click Settings.
- Under OS Filtering, ensure that OS Filtering Enabled is True.
Retrieving compatibility information from Configuration Manager
To retrieve compatibility information from Configuration Manager:
- From the toolbar In the Shopping Admin console, click the Trigger OS Filtering Sync button.
- A notification dialog is displayed.
- Click OK to close it.
Hardware Inventory must be enabled and run in the Configuration Manager environment. AppModel applications must be configured with an OS filtering rule where the operating system condition is set for one or more OS, for example:
Non-AppModel applications must have the requirements option selected in its Install Properties dialog.
- This program can run only on specified client platforms
- One or more client platforms are selected
OS and architectures supported by this feature
The following operating systems and architectures are supported by the OS filtering feature. If a user is using an OS not listed in the table, it is possible that the feature may still work, but it has not been tested and is not supported.
|Windows Server 2008 R2||6.1|
|Windows Server 2008||6.0|
|Windows Server 2003 R2||5.2|
|Windows Server 2003||5.2|
|Windows XP 64-Bit Edition||5.2|
The following OS roles are supported:
The following are not supported by the OS filtering feature:
- Service pack level compatibility for operating systems
- Admin pages other than the Basket in the Shopping web portal do not filter applications according to compatibility
- Shopping application uninstall programs are not filtered
- Compatibility is not assessed for OSD requested items
- OS filtering rules for AppModel applications where none of settings are selected
Compatibility for Configuration Manager applications are those that meet this criteria:
OS Roleof the user's machine matches the
Supported OS Versionand
OS Rolefor the Application then the Application is compatible.
Supported OS Version and
OS Role for Configuration Manager applications is retrieved from Configuration Manager at the following times:
- On a periodic basis, determined by the OS Filtering Sync Period (12 hours by default),
- When the Shopping central service is restarted
- Within 5 minutes of
- Triggering retrieval manually from the Admin console
- A successful bulk import of applications from Configuration Manager
- Creation of a Configuration Manager application