SummaryHow to install a Shopping 5.6 infrastructure and deploy Agents, including a guide to upgrading.
Shopping has six main components that must be installed:
- Shopping Central Server
- Shopping Web - the Portal which Shoppers use, some administration is performed, provides reports, APIs, and used by Shopping Receivers
- Shopping Central service – performs various processes at intervals, such as schedulding deployments, retrieving data from ActievEfficiency and Active Directory, and sending emails
- Shopping database – for data storage
- Shopping Console GUI – to administer and use Shopping
- installed on the Central Server by default
- can be installed on remote computers
- Shopping Receiver service
- installed on each Configuration Manager site. Creates collections and deployments
- Tachyon Agent for Shopping
- retrieves information about the user's computer when Shoppers browse the Shopping Portal
In this section
How to install Shopping Central using the interactive installer wizard or in unattended mode - also includes basic instructions on uninstalling Shopping Central.