In this section...
Information that will help you design and plan implementing Tachyon in your organization.
Information that will help you design and plan the implementation of Tachyon in your organization. This includes all the prerequisites and dependencies, which are necessary to install Tachyon.
- Server Sizing — Server sizing guidelines and recommended configurations for on-premises installation in customer environments.
- Supported Platforms — A list of all the platforms supported by Tachyon, and the software required to allow Tachyon to be installed or to work.
- 1E Companion Products — A list of the feature dependencies between Tachyon and other 1E companion products.
- Communication Ports — Diagrams and tables with all the external Tachyon communication ports. Useful, if needed, for network and device firewalls.
What you will need to prepare in advance of implementing a Tachyon Server in your network. Typically these are tasks that may take some time to organize, depending on how your organization works. A more complete checklist of tasks is provided in Requirements.
How to set up Tachyon Server and deploy Tachyon clients, including a guide to upgrading.
- Tachyon Setup — Using the Tachyon Setup wizard to check prerequisites, configure, install and verify Tachyon Server, install Tachyon applications, and perform various maintenance tasks.
- Tachyon Server post-installation tasks — Post-installation tasks, which include verification checks and mandatory and optional configuration tasks.
- Implementing a Tachyon DMZ Server — The process for installing a Tachyon DMZ Server to support Internet-facing Tachyon clients.
- Deploying Tachyon clients — Tachyon client features are provided by the 1E Client, which also provides client modules for Nomad, PXE Everywhere, Shopping/WSA, and WakeUp.
- Uninstalling Tachyon — How to tidy up after uninstalling Tachyon. Follow these recommendations if you want to reinstall Tachyon instead of upgrading.
- Upgrading Tachyon — Guidance for upgrading Tachyon.
- Tachyon Product Pack deployment tool — A description of the Tachyon Product Pack deployment tool.
Basic verification tests that cover a single-server installation of Tachyon Server. These tests only cover Tachyon and do not verify the configuration of 1E client modules with other 1E products.