How to use the Explorer application to investigate, remediate issues and manage operations across all your endpoints in real-time.
Explorer can be reached directly using the following URL:
where <tachyon DNS Name FQDN> is the one set up during the preparation phase, as described under the heading Preparation: DNS Names.
In this section...
An overview of Explorer is presented; what it does and how it can benefit your organization. An introduction to the features of Explorer is provided.
How to frame questions in Tachyon and view the responses.
- Question parameters
How to configure Tachyon Question Parameters.
- Coverage, question filters and view filters
How to define the coverage for a question, how to filter the responses to a question at source and how to filter them in the responses view.
- Refining responses with follow-up questions
How to refine responses by asking follow-up questions.
Viewing the instruction history, navigating instructions using the tasks page and scheduling instructions.
How the History and individual Instruction Responses pages work.
How to use Tachyon's Task-based user interface to select and configure instructions.
- Scheduling instructions
How to run actions with approval.
- Performing an action - tutorialA quick tutorial on asking a question and then performing an action, getting approval and confirming the action has been performed successfully.
- Two-factor authentication
How Tachyon implements two-factor authentication for users running actions.
- Adding properties - tutorialA quick tutorial on adding properties and values for use when setting the coverage for questions.
- Actions to set tags - tutorialA quick tutorial on adding properties and values for use when setting the coverage for questions.
- Using tags to set the coverage for a question - tutorialA quick tutorial on using predefined tags when setting the coverage for a question.
- Creating the Tags instruction setSteps for creating the Tags instruction set containing instructions for setting, deleting and querying coverage and freeform tags.
Assigning Criticality to devices according to their importance within your organization.
Assigning Location to devices within your organization.
Investigating devices that have connected to Tachyon using the 1E Client.
- The Devices TableTachyon Explorer lets you view details for devices on your network including real-time visibility of which devices are currently connected (online) and can therefore be interacted with directly.
- The Devices DashboardTachyon Explorer lets you view details for devices on your network including real-time visibility of which devices are currently connected (online) and can therefore be interacted with directly.
A description of the benefits of Tachyon Activity Record feature and how the data can be retrieved.
A description of the quarantine feature provided in the Tachyon client and implemented in the quarantine instructions present in the 1E-Explorer-TachyonCore.zip file.